My Ooma Experience and Missing Features Requests

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
das2004
My Ooma Experience and Missing Features Requests

Post by das2004 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:24 am

I have been using OOma Voip services for past 2 weeks now. I enjoy its clear sound quality and ease of use. I have been Voip user since 2006 with different Voip providers. Couple of suggestions that I can think of are as following:

1) The first and foremost thing that Ooma should work on immedietely is to incorporate Call forwarding. This is so important feature specially when you are travelling and you want your incoming calls to be forwarded to your cell phone. I miss this features from my previous Voip provider very badly and hope Ooma adds this Call forwarding features sooner than later.

2) I need to dial 1 before dialing 7 digit phone number to make long distance call. For example : To dial 570-123-4567,
I have to dial 1-570-123-4567 instead of just dialing 570-123-4567. This is bit annoying considering the fact that when recieving any number the number comes in 10 digit format without 1 ( i.e I get 570-123-4567 and NOT 1-570-123-4567), If I want to save it I cant save it in my cordless phone, I either have to remember the number and write it down and then save it manually. Also, as I am used to make call using my cell phone and previous Voip phone which required only dialing 10 digit number without 1, its somewhat annoying. I hope Ooma can resolve it.

3) Ooma mentions that ooma device comes with 1 year limited warranty for material deffects from the day you purchase it. You have the options to extend this 1 year warranty to 3 years for 1 time fees of $69.00. I think this fees of $69.00 is too high. This means you got to pay $264.00 + $69 = $338 for ooma devices, shipping and 3 year warranty from day of purchase. I have not paid $69.00 and extended my warranty to 3 year yet but eventually will do that if Ooma can lower its warranty purchase cost.

4) It would be nice to have Call log features which would provide list of Incoming and Outgoing calls including day,date and time of the calls, duration of calls and obviously phone number and name from where incoming and outgoing calls were made to and from.

maflournoy

Re: My Ooma Experience and Missing Features Requests

Post by maflournoy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:45 pm

I agree with everything that you said. In fact, I totally agree with your point on caller id. My wife hates the fact that she cannot automatically dial a caller id number because of the "1" issue. To dial caller id numbers, she has to write down the phone numbers. Thanks for the great suggestions.

mspsp

Re: My Ooma Experience and Missing Features Requests

Post by mspsp » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am

I agree that having to prefix 1 before the calls to other area codes is very annoying. However some phones allow the format of the number that appears in the caller id. You can set it to display the whole 11 digit number starting with 1. In that case you can at least dial a number from the caller id. I have a panasonic cordless phone and it allows different formats for the caller id number. So this is not much of an issue for me. What is bothering me is that after switching to ooma my caller id does not show caller name for most calls. It does show it for some. I am not sure if any one has seen this and if there is any fix for this.
Thanks.

Just to update on my earlier post - my caller id started working fine after a few days. OOMA tech support told me that it takes a while for all names to show up. It seems to be working just fine now.