Ooma on sale

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
hackerguy
Re: Ooma on sale

Post by hackerguy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Be careful when buying a used unit that has been previously activated. I bought a used hub last year when mine was hit by lightening. I bought it from Ebay. I called Ooma customer service to transfer my account to it. They said that it had been previously activated and the original owner would have to give permission for it to be activated in my name. They contacted the person and they refused to grant permission. No reason was given. So I thought I was stuck. I contacted the ebay seller and explained the situation and they took it back and refunded my money. For which I was very grateful. I went ahead and purchased a new Telo and have been very happy with it. I just wanted to post this so that any one considering buying a used unit would be aware of it.

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Who said anything about used? They have NEW never been used Ooma hub units on Amazon that have not been activated and do not have taxes associated with them.
hackerguy wrote:Be careful when buying a used unit that has been previously activated. I bought a used hub last year when mine was hit by lightening. I bought it from Ebay. I called Ooma customer service to transfer my account to it. They said that it had been previously activated and the original owner would have to give permission for it to be activated in my name. They contacted the person and they refused to grant permission. No reason was given. So I thought I was stuck. I contacted the ebay seller and explained the situation and they took it back and refunded my money. For which I was very grateful. I went ahead and purchased a new Telo and have been very happy with it. I just wanted to post this so that any one considering buying a used unit would be aware of it.

in2dadark

Post by in2dadark » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 am

kieranmullen wrote:Who said anything about used? They have NEW never been used Ooma hub units on Amazon that have not been activated and do not have taxes associated with them.
hackerguy wrote:Be careful when buying a used unit that has been previously activated. I bought a used hub last year when mine was hit by lightening. I bought it from Ebay. I called Ooma customer service to transfer my account to it. They said that it had been previously activated and the original owner would have to give permission for it to be activated in my name. They contacted the person and they refused to grant permission. No reason was given. So I thought I was stuck. I contacted the ebay seller and explained the situation and they took it back and refunded my money. For which I was very grateful. I went ahead and purchased a new Telo and have been very happy with it. I just wanted to post this so that any one considering buying a used unit would be aware of it.

Geez, take a pill already. He was just telling us what happened with him.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Buy.com has awesome sale price on Ooma Core. Not!

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:40 pm

I bought 3 from amazon for 249 I could have done better though I suppose on the bay for less. I sold 2 scouts @ $50 each.
lbmofo wrote:Buy.com has awesome sale price on Ooma Core. Not!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 pm

kieranmullen wrote:I bought 3 from amazon
All for yourself?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Today's Woot! Refurb Telo for $139.99 + $5 Shipping

http://woot.com

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Does it matter?

q
lbmofo wrote:
All for yourself?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm

kieranmullen wrote:Does it matter?

q
lbmofo wrote:
All for yourself?
Not really. But was just curious. $800 is nothing to sneeze at...but that was a good call since now Amazon is out and they are $300 with their affiliates.

But today's deal on Woot maybe pretty good for some (folks with broken speaker for example)
lbmofo wrote:Today's Woot! Refurb Telo for $139.99 + $5 Shipping

http://woot.com

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Think I spent like $700 or so.. All I needed was the hub anyway. I ended up selling 2 of the 3 scouts.

There are plenty of hubs available.

http://www.amazon.com/ooma-Hub-Device-M ... 869&sr=8-3

Not really. But was just curious. $800 is nothing to sneeze at...but that was a good call since now Amazon is out and they are $300 with their affiliates.