Forward to number on no answer or network down

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
ktwalrus
Forward to number on no answer or network down

Post by ktwalrus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 pm

I suggest that you add forwarding an incoming call to an external number as an option instead of transferring to Ooma Voicemail as part of the free Basic service.

I want to use my Google Voicemail account so that I get voicemail notifications by email with translation for free.

Alternatively, you could just move the voicemail notifications feature (audio attachment only) as part of the free Basic service.

I realize that you are trying to sell Premier subscriptions, but getting email voicemail notifications just isn't worth $10/month.

I'd even be happy with a notification without the audio attachment if my iPhone could quickly log into My Ooma and play new voicemails.

lbmofo

Re: Forward to number on no answer or network down

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 pm

You can do what you want with Google Voice like so:

Goto Google Voice site

Settings
Voice settings
Add another phone
Add your ooma number with phone type as Home & save
Check the box "Forward to"

When your Google Voice number is called, your ooma will ring and if you don't answer, Google voice will take over.

lbmofo

Re: Forward to number on no answer or network down

Post by lbmofo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Nevermind, I see from another thread that you want people to call your ooma number and then have GVmail pick up.