My experience... STAY AWAY!!!!!

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Davesworld
Re: My experience... STAY AWAY!!!!!

Post by Davesworld » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 pm

jimck wrote:
I think like all new technology/companies, one must expect some issues.
The new part as far as the company goes is somewhat correct, the technology itself is far from being new. Also your assertion that any problems must be internet related is not true for most people in North America. I know that internet connections have become the Ooma forum scapegoat. A quick test at Visualware would tell you how your connection is to any chosen part of the country using the codec of your choice for the test.

stubeeef

Re: My experience... STAY AWAY!!!!!

Post by stubeeef » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Had mine for over a year-got the modem/router setup correct-all is well! Pick it up it works. The Telo handsets are a mess-my daughters hate'm too. Love the Ooma telo and the service though.
For those having issues or problems-remember there are thousands of combinations routers and modems and internet providers. Figure out how to make this work for you and you will be VERY happy. Even technical support at MicroSoft and Apple will have issues with 3rd party providers-doesn't mean their products are bad or problematic though-just need tweeking.
That's my 2 cents.