Caller Id not showing phone number

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
electriclm
Caller Id not showing phone number

Post by electriclm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am

About two weeks ago my phones including the ooma handsets stopped showing the phone number. The name does show. This is not good. Can someone at Ooma please look at this? Thank You! :cry: :cry:

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Caller Id not showing phone number

Post by Bobby B » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 am

I can't find your Ooma account, but I think you may be running into bug 10543 (caller-ID name is shown, but caller-ID number is not). This bug affects a small subset of Telo users. We're currently working on figuring out the best way to deploy a fix or workaround.
Bobby B

electriclm

Post by electriclm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:16 pm

refer to Question Reference #110317-000010 for my account. This is customer resource id of my question to them. What do I do about this bug and how did I get it?

electriclm

Post by electriclm » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:13 am

TROUBLE STILL NOT FIXED. NUMBER IS NOT BEING SAVED ON CALLER ID FOR ALL CALLS. THE NAME IS BEING SAVED.

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Same problem here since March 17th

PLEASE notify your TECHNICAL SUPPORT Team that there is a problem instead of having them tell us that OOMA does not support incoming caller id with people on basic service. Spoke with SAM at 2:50pm 3/20/2011.

I told him I have had basic service for over a year and a half and he stated that OOMA basic subscribers does not have incoming caller ID, and it was a "coincidence" that all my incoming caller id phone numbers stopped registering after the 17th, and perhaps my ooma telo account was configured incorrectly.

Poor technical support
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:18 pm

"This bug affects a small subset of Telo users"

I am not to certain about that. I have 3 Ooma telos purchased throughout the last 1.5 years. All have the same problem.
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

electriclm

Post by electriclm » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:47 am

I have 3 telo handsets and 3 uniden Dect 6.0 handsets. All have same problem. I have premier service. Number shows on phone during ringing of incoming calls but does not show after the caller hangs up. The number does show on call logs. Looks like my telo unit trouble to me.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 am

All of you need to report this problem to Ooma Customer Service. Otherwise Ooma support won't know about the scope of the problem and will give only one person calling a low priority for correcting your problem.
Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

jaylee33

Post by jaylee33 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Same thing happened to me, you can see it clearly in the calling log on my phone on March 17th, suddenly it went to name and no number. It seems to be pulling the name from My Ooma contact list and not from the program in my phone itself. As before "JohnCell" and number would come up, and now it is just "John" with no number. JohnCell is how it is programmed in my Dec 6 phone, and how it always came up before. Also, Google Voice calls are not ringing into Ooma anymore as of the 17th BIG PROBLEM there. Hope they fix it as it is a dealbreaker.

In looking at my contact list as it is now, it looks to me like Ooma imported my ENTIRE contact list from Windows Live Mail, addresses and all (without my permission as far as I know.) Perhaps it's all the same problem. In my 'new' contact list..it lists home, cell, and work numbers all under the same name as in Windows Mail-- and yet, the Ooma caller ID only recognizes the first listed number and if someone should call me from one of their other numbers, My Ooma asks me to add this person to my list. (Though it is obviously right there under the person's list of phone numbers.)

Not expecting updates that make the service less than it was before...please fix soon.

jaylee33

Post by jaylee33 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:29 pm

I take it back about Google Voice...it's ringing through SOMETIMES (many times I just get a recorded message in my email but no log on the caller ID and no ring on Ooma), but instead of showing proper caller ID, it just says "wireless caller" or "unknown" whereas before it would show me the caller's ID, or my own Google Voice number if there was no accessible ID. Either way, this whole caller ID thing is a mess for callbacks and checking who called. I hope they get on it quick. Why did they change it anyway, it was working fine?