Call Forwarding - HELP NEEDED

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Grace
Re: Call Forwarding - HELP NEEDED

Post by Grace » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:14 pm

sburke39 wrote:I went thru this as well. When I first got my OOMA I wanted to try it out before porting and cancelling my landline. So I forwarded my landline calls to my OOMA number, and along the way I set up my cell # for multi-ring on the OOMA number.

But I found the calls comming to the OOMA from my landline were not finding their way to my cell phone. Only the calls made directly to the OOMA also rang on the cell. So if you really need the landline calls to come to your cell, I think you'll have to forward then directly to the cell.

Now that my old landline # has been ported, the multi-ring works as expected.

Hope this helps.

dmlanger

Post by dmlanger » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 pm

dmlanger wrote:im pretty sure they don't forward calls that were previously forwarded (to avoid loops i guess)

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Bobby B wrote:In most cases, if you want to Multi-Ring a forwarded call from a 3rd party number (as you're doing), ooma will not forward the call over to your configured Multi-Ring number.

The main reason we have the above restriction in place is to protect against call forwarding loops. There's a bit of development work and testing that needs to be added to ooma's Multi-Ring feature to protect against these types of call loops.

That being said, we should support Multi-Ring when a forwarded call from a 3rd party is received in the future. We've seen a few requests for this functionality when people are in the process of porting their number and they want to call forward from their landline or VoIP service to their ooma temporary number AND they want to use the Multi-Ring feature.
This was over a year ago....do you know when you are planning on releasing this?
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps