Suggestion - add a remote 'reboot' option

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
oomamaniacal
Re: Suggestion - add a remote 'reboot' option

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 am

Bobby B wrote:We're tracking this request in ticket #20771. We believe we should be able to add this 'reboot' button to a page in My Ooma.
Cool! Thanks Bobby B and everyone who posted on this thread.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

VegasGuy

Post by VegasGuy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 am

Bobby B wrote:We're tracking this request in ticket #20771. We believe we should be able to add this 'reboot' button to a page in My Ooma.
Awesome!. Thank you for the update!
Premier Subscriber
Cox Cable > Cisco Modem (60dn/10up) > Router > Switch > Telo v98015 w/Static IP
1 Private Line via Linx

NJSenior

Post by NJSenior » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:00 pm

This might be useful, but I'd like to see a reboot or retry loop built into the Telo software, so that after a power failure / reboot the Telo would periodically retry to establish network connectivity. It appears it tries only once, and if power is restored the Telo before the router and modem, then you're out of luck - forever. Almost all the other devices I have that are network connected retry until they establish a connection (not my HP printer!), and so should Ooma. Then the reboot "button" might be unnecessary, at least for the power failure reason.

Mensra

Post by Mensra » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 pm

If you toggle the DECT radio, the unit will reboot.

VegasGuy

Post by VegasGuy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 am

Mensra wrote:If you toggle the DECT radio, the unit will reboot.
Nice tip, Mensra. May come in handy until there is a Reboot button.
Premier Subscriber
Cox Cable > Cisco Modem (60dn/10up) > Router > Switch > Telo v98015 w/Static IP
1 Private Line via Linx

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:46 pm

I had to reboot my (previous version) Ooma Telo last night. All the lights were solid blue, but there was no dial tone. Last time I had to reboot (earlier in July), I got a dial tone, but busy signals after dialing. My internet connection has been working perfectly for me today. I did see the posting from Moderator Tom B, that there was maintenance going on last night. I don't know if that was the cause, but if so, I wish there had been an automated reboot. My last call ended at 10:48 PM Central Time, so I was without service for a time afterwards.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:11 am

My brother has a Ooma Telo that needs to be rebooted every week or so. It seems to be a problem with "noise" on the internet connection. (AT&T says there is nothing wrong...that's a story for another time). It would be nice if there was a way to automatically reboot the Telo every night or every week at a set time; like 3am. I always liked it when a new update arrived to the Telo...it meant that the Telo would get a nice reboot and fix all the little things that might have gone wrong. Just like a computer, tablet, or smart phone. If something does not seem right...reboot it. Seems to solves 90% of my problems.

dkm584

Post by dkm584 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 am

I also am interested in remotely rebooting the Ooma as well as my modem and router. I ordered this from Amazon: Web Power Switch 7 By DLI - Built-in Web Server with Auto-Ping Reboot.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Switch-DLI- ... wer+switch

Supposedly I will be able to control 8 different outlets remotely with my IPhone or via the Web. Too cool! I am crossing my fingers!

DickRhoads

Post by DickRhoads » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:44 pm

You might also consider adding the ability to configure a regular, scheduled restart.
My router supports this, and I've had it restarting in the middle of the night, every night, for years now.

I also just purchased a power strip with a built-in timer, so I have my Ooma restarting every night already...

sabretooth02

Post by sabretooth02 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 pm

How about a small green LED on My Ooma that says...'Ooma online and ready'. Read for 'Offline'.