Sharing Phone Number

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
SivRami
Sharing Phone Number

Post by SivRami » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi, I assigned a specific new phone number to my ooma hub.
However, I would still like to have the old shared phone number to also work on my hub.
My intention was to have a common phone number that rang on all the devices (hub and three scouts) and a special phone number that only rang on the ooma hub.
Currently, only the new phone number shows up on the hub, not the old number.
Any help on how I can achieve my original intention is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Sharing Phone Number

Post by Bobby B » Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi SivRami, when a device is "personalized" it is completely separated from the shared group. So in your example, there isn't a way to ring the ooma Hub AND all the devices in the shared pool, if the ooma Hub is defined as a separate personal device. There may be ways to make this configuration work in the future.
SivRami wrote:Hi, I assigned a specific new phone number to my ooma hub. However, I would still like to have the old shared phone number to also work on my hub. My intention was to have a common phone number that rang on all the devices (hub and three scouts) and a special phone number that only rang on the ooma hub. Currently, only the new phone number shows up on the hub, not the old number. Any help on how I can achieve my original intention is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
Bobby B

SivRami

Post by SivRami » Thu May 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Okay, thanks!

Is there anyway I can "reshare" my hub back to the other devices and go back to how it was before I personalized?

Thanks!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu May 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi SivRami, we're working on some functionality right now to make moving devices and phone numbers around easier. The the ooma Hub can be placed back into the shared pool by just switching the device type. To switch the type of personalized device, navigate over to preferences->phone numbers. In the table, click on the personalized device name (the ooma Hub) and select "ooma Scout" Afterwards, you can just enter a made up Scout device ID, such as "12345", and hit "Save" This will put the ooma Hub back in the Shared pool.

I know the above process is not intuitive - we're working on some functionality and interface improvements that we aim to release in the next 2-3 weeks. Please see my message to gbcox on this topic below:

----------------------
Hi gbcox, the mechanism for moving your phone numbers amongst personal devices and the shared pool should be available within the next 2-3 weeks (it's currently with the QA team). We know it's a limitation, and we are working diligently to get this phone number moving ability out into the lounge. If you wanted to be able to test out the feature, we may be able to assign you a temporary third number until the move phone number feature is ready for release.
----------------------
SivRami wrote:Okay, thanks!

Is there anyway I can "reshare" my hub back to the other devices and go back to how it was before I personalized?

Thanks!
Bobby B

SivRami

Post by SivRami » Fri May 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks for the fix!
I'm so glad you guys are actually adding even more great features.