Unable to Login to Web Portal

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
EarPad
Unable to Login to Web Portal

Post by EarPad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 am

I've been using Ooma and the web portal for more than a year. But since a week or two ago, I've been unable to login to the web portal. When I attempt to login at https://my.ooma.com using my phone number and password, I get the message "The page you were looking for doesn't exist. You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved." (The URL appearing at that point is https://my.ooma.com/home/login.)

I have verified numerous times that I am inputting the correct phone number and password. I've tried it from multiple computers and tablets, using multiple browsers, but I still get that message. In fact, when I first attempted to register for this forum to post about the problem, the registration process directed me to login to My Ooma account, which, of course, is exactly what I've been unable to do.

On the outside chance that my password somehow got mucked up, I used the reset password function on the My Ooma page. The temporary password that it generated enabled me to register on the forum and post this message, but I'm still unable to get past the login error on the My Ooma portal.

What the heck is going on? And more importantly, how can I get past that error when I tried to log in to My Ooma account?

Some additional info:
-The error page I get is not the generic error page from a web browser, such as if I enter a bad URL (e.g. error 404 page not found). The error I get appears to be something generated by Ooma's web server.
-If I enter an incorrect phone number and password at the login, Ooma returns the message "Incorrect phone number or password, please try again." The fact that I don't get that same message when entering my correct info indicates that Ooma's server recognizes the correct info, but is responding to it in an incorrect manner.
Last edited by EarPad on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphy

Re: Unable to Login to Web Portal

Post by murphy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 am

It works fine for me. Try clearing the cache in your browser.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

EarPad

Post by EarPad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 am

murphy wrote:It works fine for me. Try clearing the cache in your browser.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that and the problem persists.

To elaborate on my original post, I've tried to login from two Windows 7 PCs using both IE and FireFox browsers, two Android tablets using Chrome browser, and an Android phone using Chrome browser. At this point, I don't see how the problem could be anything on my end.

zoomies

Post by zoomies » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 am

I recently experienced not being able to log into my account after having Ooma Support transfer my number form an Ooma Hub to a new Telo. I had to contact Support to have them to "reactivate" my account. Give Support a call - perhaps they can help?

EarPad

Post by EarPad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:19 am

I contacted Customer Support and now have spent more than an hour going through an online chat, plus 1st level phone support, 2nd level phone support, and engineering level phone support. They were able to replicate the problem attempting to login to my account from their own systems, so it's obviously not an issue with my computers or browsers. The problem has now been escalated to the web development team to try to debug.

I await their fix.

EarPad

Post by EarPad » Mon May 05, 2014 6:05 am

Two and a half weeks later, I'm still waiting for Ooma to fix this...