Feature Setup Percentage?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
FicmanS
Re: Feature Setup Percentage?

Post by FicmanS » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 am

This continues to be an issue for me, is there anybody that can help?

About every other day I have to log in and set this again for it to be active

jf2go

Post by jf2go » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:09 pm

I had this happen again today, and my feature percentage went back to 83%. This happens every week or so, with no apparent cause. As I always have to do, I completed the setup to get back to 100%. As always when this error occurs, my Personal Blacklist had to be re-enabled. What happened for the first time today was, my Personal Blacklist numbers were DELETED. I had about 75 numbers blacklisted, and now there are 6. Of course, I am getting all of the junk telemarketer calls now, and have to go back in and re-blacklist numbers. PLEASE Ooma, can you fix this issue. This has been happening for a long time now, and before today, it was an annoyance - but if my Personal Blacklists are going to get wiped out periodically, this will be a major issue.

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:04 am

OK, there is obviously an issue here. It happened to me some years ago and should be fixed. But in the meantime, have you even tried what I suggested above? Which is more annoying . . . having to reset your preferences regularly or having to do without the "Dashboard"? Take Murphy's advice. Don't even look at the Dashboard. Set your default opening page to something other than the Dashboard. Then save your preferences under the Preferences tab. I haven't even looked at the Dashboard in years and my preferences, blacklist, etc. have been rock solid during all that time. Try to give up the Dashboard for a period of time and see if your preferences stick where you want them. You may find, as I did, that you won't miss the Dashboard at all.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

jf2go

Post by jf2go » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:24 am

2spirit wrote:OK, there is obviously an issue here. It happened to me some years ago and should be fixed. But in the meantime, have you even tried what I suggested above? Which is more annoying . . . having to reset your preferences regularly or having to do without the "Dashboard"? Take Murphy's advice. Don't even look at the Dashboard. Set your default opening page to something other than the Dashboard. Then save your preferences under the Preferences tab. I haven't even looked at the Dashboard in years and my preferences, blacklist, etc. have been rock solid during all that time. Try to give up the Dashboard for a period of time and see if your preferences stick where you want them. You may find, as I did, that you won't miss the Dashboard at all.
I will give opening to a different page a try to see if it is a workaround for the problem in my case. I will come back and report if the feature percentage issue reoccurs.

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:05 am

Absolutely! Same problem. While Privacy remains as set in Preferences, the setting Custom in dashboard that is the result of my specific settings in Preferences does not retain. It gets changed to the middle sitting. Pressing Save button twice does NOT solve the problem as Mark, support person I spoke with yesterday.

Please solve this annoyance. Sorry I do not yet have single path that always yields the change to Privacy slider in dashboard yet.

Ira

jf2go

Post by jf2go » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:45 pm

I just wanted to come back and report that since changing my Ooma web start page from dashboard to call log, and never visiting the dashboard, I have not had the issue where my feature setup percentage changes from 100%. When this would happen, my personal blacklist would become disabled. Don't know what is going on with the dashboard, but as 2spirit suggested, this seems to be a workaround.

FicmanS

Post by FicmanS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:56 am

2spirit wrote:OK, there is obviously an issue here. It happened to me some years ago and should be fixed. But in the meantime, have you even tried what I suggested above? Which is more annoying . . . having to reset your preferences regularly or having to do without the "Dashboard"? Take Murphy's advice. Don't even look at the Dashboard. Set your default opening page to something other than the Dashboard. Then save your preferences under the Preferences tab. I haven't even looked at the Dashboard in years and my preferences, blacklist, etc. have been rock solid during all that time. Try to give up the Dashboard for a period of time and see if your preferences stick where you want them. You may find, as I did, that you won't miss the Dashboard at all.

Got to admit, nice find!!!

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:42 pm

I don't know if this will work for everyone but it did for me.

I went to the setup section on the dashboard and SAVED the CUSTOM selection. Then I went to the various preferences (blacklist, voicemail setup, etc.) and made my "custom" selections. Future visits to the dashboard always told me that my selections were 100% setup and nothing was changed unless I did it on the preferences page.