Suggestion for Ooma

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
rfm3
Suggestion for Ooma

Post by rfm3 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:58 pm

This seriously is the worst product I have ever had the misfortune of buying. Everything about it is pathetic. I have looked over the list of top management and everyone reads impressively. However I cannot believe that anyone from top management has ever attempted to be a consumer of this product. Or if they have, someone in engineering is tweaking the system to fool management that the product or customer service actually works.

I challenge anyone from the company to go home and buy your service. Go through the setup. When you get stuck because nothing is explained in a way that actually gets the customer up and running, then try the chat and try calling customer service. Then attempt to port your number. Get surprised that everything you thought was simply part of the product and requires portage fees or Premier membership. Then after hours and hours of shoddy service, dropped calls and ignorant techs at Chat, wait for the system to stop sending notifications. See if the company you are working for even remotely resembles a real company or something you are proud to call employer.

This company is a joke.

I dare anyone from management to tell me where I am wrong....

lbmofo

Re: Suggestion for Ooma

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 13, 2014 2:25 pm

For starters, why not let use fellow users know what your issues are. Then, maybe we can help. Ooma works great for all of us that have good quality internet.

2nd, don't think executive management frequents this board so you likely won't get a reply.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue May 13, 2014 3:29 pm

First thought that comes to mind:

If I am mistaken, as lbmofo has stated, there are plenty of extremely helpful people on this forum who would be happy to help. Just let us know what you have done to diagnose so far and what the exact symptoms are. Should not be hard for a real customer but is probably beyond the ability of a troll. Just sayin.

As a testimony to just the opposite of what the OP claimed, ooma service has been very reliable for the past 5 plus years that I have had the service. I still use the original product, the hub, and love the new Telo and HD2 handsets. Have I had a few glitches? Sure - but there are always people on the forum to help. Now let me tell you about the 5 days my regular land line was out because a couple of squirrels ate through a fiber cable that supplies dial tone to our entire community. Bleah.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

phoenixtommy

Post by phoenixtommy » Fri May 16, 2014 8:58 am

I bought an Ooma two years ago. Not wanting to have problems, it took me a year to get around to hooking it up . What a mistake that was. I wasted a lot of money waiting. Installation couldn't have been simpler and Ooma worked right away with no trouble. Porting my two lines took six days for one and five days for the other. Incredibly easy and satisfying.

When in doubt (or not) read and follow the directions. That will solve most problems. If it doesn't, come here and ask. It will get solved much sooner -- especially if you have an obscure problem. It's easier than having a rant.

Best of all, when my Ooma rings at home, so does my cell phone. Now I have one-number service again (I used to have that with Qwest Wireless until they were bought by Verizon). Happy, happy, happy.

CliffordtheRed

Post by CliffordtheRed » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 pm

A loser from Vonage ;-)

Setup this morning took me all of 5 minutes. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Easier that I was suspecting!
Customer Since: 07/28/14
Hardware: Telo
Service: Premier 07/28/14
Internet: 60 Mbps/4 Mbps
Setup: Business Class Cable Modem/Apple Airport Extreme ac/Telo

TonyGstring

Post by TonyGstring » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:49 pm

rfm3 wrote:This seriously is the worst product I have ever had the misfortune of buying. Everything about it is pathetic. I have looked over the list of top management and everyone reads impressively. However I cannot believe that anyone from top management has ever attempted to be a consumer of this product. Or if they have, someone in engineering is tweaking the system to fool management that the product or customer service actually works.

I challenge anyone from the company to go home and buy your service. Go through the setup. When you get stuck because nothing is explained in a way that actually gets the customer up and running, then try the chat and try calling customer service. Then attempt to port your number. Get surprised that everything you thought was simply part of the product and requires portage fees or Premier membership. Then after hours and hours of shoddy service, dropped calls and ignorant techs at Chat, wait for the system to stop sending notifications. See if the company you are working for even remotely resembles a real company or something you are proud to call employer.

This company is a joke.

I dare anyone from management to tell me where I am wrong....
I have to agree with OP. Really is a great idea if executive were forced to use their own product and deal with the same issues us customers due for their service. Their tech support is extremely pathetic. I've sent repeated messages and emails and would not receive a response for several weeks, have to had use chat for the same problem over a span of half a year because they never fixed it even tho they said they would. Usually takes about a Tech Support Level of 3 to find a competent CSR. I'm pretty tech-savvy, and having Ooma direct to the modem ahead of my router is not an option so I just flashed Tomato and learned how to optimize/prioritize QOS on the network by myself.

I also agree with the responses below the OP, that the users here are usually happy to help if/when they can. But that's the point; as paying customers, we SHOULD NOT have to rely on members of this forum for technical support! Personally, I am fine doing it myself, but looking at it from an average consumer's perspective, it is simply unacceptable. The bottom line is when people are trying to adopt into Ooma'sVOIP service from landlines and are unable to easily set it up correctly the first time around, the end result is alienating a significant amount of potential customers who they will probably never get back due to their initial negative experience, turning a hot lead into a frozen ice cube..

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:38 am

I think OP was a bit over the top, but I do agree with him somewhat.

I bought my ooma about 3 weeks ago. When I first installed, I followed the instructions that came with the unit exactly, but could not Activate the unit. The site https://www.ooma.com/activate simply did not work. Just hung. I had to call and agent, who was in Manila, Philippines ona very crackly line. He was helpful in that he gave me a completely different url to use for activation. If this was because I am in Canada, then the units sold in Canada should have the proper address.

My other issue, was that porting status was not updated until I contacted Ooma 10 days after initiating port. Then status magically appeared. Still not using Ooma because Bell line is still active and we are paying for it. Hope the port takes place earlier than Jan 6th as now scheduled.

Once working, OOma may be fine. But management should read some of posts here. Otherwise they may think that everything is hunky dory.