Mobile web page problems

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
thomasm
Mobile web page problems

Post by thomasm » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:36 pm

When logging in to My Ooma using a cell phone, the first page presented is the "mobile version" but you are offered to go to the regular (full size desktop) page also. Last week (6-16-14) changes were made to the "preferences" section of the main (full size) web page. One of them is "call forwarding" which is discussed in a different thread. Unfortunately, the MOBILE version of the web page was NOT updated. Now, if you configure your OOMA service using the MOBILE version of the web page, you get unpredictable results which usually are NOT what you want. This can be confirmed by making a change on the MOBILE web page and then checking the FULL SIZE DESKTOP web page. What the full-size page indicates is what your OOMA service is actually configured to do-and it's generally just the opposite of what you requested on the mobile version of the web page.

Please fix this!!

thomasm

Re: Mobile web page problems

Post by thomasm » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 pm

I see it's been a month now and the issue I brought up when I started this thread has NOT been addressed.

PLEASE FIX your "mobile" version of My Ooma so I can properly program my call forwarding option. When changes are made using the "mobile" version, they do not reflect what is actually programmed and verified using the full web page.

Thank you!

JonInNY

Post by JonInNY » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 pm

I concur. I have also tried making call forwarding changes on BOTH the mobile version and the full version on my mobile device. They seem not to take at all!

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Well, it's been over THREE MONTHS since I started this thread complaining about the problems with the "mobile version" of the My Ooma web page. IT'S STILL NOT FIXED! WILL IT EVER BE FIXED?

The Problem: When using the "mobile version" of My Ooma if you try to change the "Call Forwarding Option", the information you enter is NOT what actually gets applied to your account. This can be verified by immediately using the "regular full version" of My Ooma. This is VERY irritating and DISAPPOINTING that someone from Ooma hasn't addressed (or even had the courtesy to reply in the forum) this issue.

This will be considered when it's time to renew my Ooma Premier......

thomasm

IT's FIXED!!

Post by thomasm » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 pm

I am happy to report that after complaining for just under six months the "mobile web page" has been updated and fixed so now you can correctly configure your Ooma account using it. Actually, I prefer using it to the full version "My Ooma" page. I don't even bother with the beta full version page since it's so buggy.

Give the "mobile web page" a try on your smartphone!