REQUEST: Option to *turn off* ads at bottom of MyOoma

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
SJB
REQUEST: Option to *turn off* ads at bottom of MyOoma

Post by SJB » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:35 am

I've really enjoyed the rock-solid use of my Ooma Telo. Didn't think I'd bother with the premier service, but the value-add is quite worth the monthly fee.

I would, however, like to suggest that Ooma STOP with the yellow ad strip at the bottom of MyOoma!! One a user cannot turn off PERMANENTLY.

When one logs in to MyOoma, the user interface is laid out nicely against a dark blue background. At the very bottom of the web browser is where a yellow strip appears with "ads" for Ooma products and services.

Since I know all about everything Ooma offers, having this ad strip appear showing me the same ads -- over-and-over-and-over again -- does nothing but make me mad. I would therefore like to turn them off.

The kicker? In a long chat session right now the support person is completely clueless about this ad strip. "Mary Claire" could only tell me how to change the default page upon login and had NO idea on what I was talking about (another issue with customer support people, especially those in India, who never actually use the product).

So how do I turn off ads Ooma folks?

murphy

Re: REQUEST: Option to *turn off* ads at bottom of MyOoma

Post by murphy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:53 am

Have you tried clicking the "Close" option on the first one that you see? I don't see any more after I do that.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

kingsfan

Post by kingsfan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Indeed, ads should be turned off, especially if I have already paid for the Premium Service.

VegasGuy

Post by VegasGuy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 pm

You made me look. I never noticed they were there. :)
Premier Subscriber
Cox Cable > Cisco Modem (60dn/10up) > Router > Switch > Telo v98015 w/Static IP
1 Private Line via Linx

JonInNY

Post by JonInNY » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:40 pm

LOL! :D It never bothered me until this post! Now I'm always looking at it!