My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Bobs41185
Re: My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Post by Bobs41185 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm having trouble getting what I want my Contacts to look like in the Ooma V2 - Beta and need some direction.

Since the only available Contact Input source is the Ooma Mobile App which uses the Mobile Contacts as the Source. For Example, iPhone can be set up to Sort either by First then Last or the reverse and the same selections can be set up for Display. Additionally, the last name is shown in Bold which sets the last name apart. Ooma has no sort order available so I have chosen in the Ooma V2 - Beta to show the example name "Joe Example" as First Name "Joe", Last Name "Example" and Display as "Example, Joe" which works fine however, I can find no way to get an Import from the Ooma Mobile app which does not end up as First Name "Joe", Last Name "Example" and Display as ends up as "Joe Example". In the Ooma V1 app I got around the problem by listing First Name "Example," and Last Name "Joe". While not straight forward it accomplished my desired goal.

Editing each Contact to change the "Display as" parameter to "Last Name, First Name" does not seem a practical solution.

Please consider this problem and hopefully arrive at a solution.

Thank you.
Customer Since: 4/23/13
Hardware: Telo
Service: Premier 4/23/13
Spectrum Internet: 200 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem ===> LinkSys AC1750 Router ===> Ooma Telo

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:40 am

Tom B wrote:This is a MyOoma bug. I've added your scout via an internal console.
This bug has now been resolved.

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 pm

I would really like to get some fix to the Ooma V2 - Beta app so that the Ooma Contact "Display as" field can be populated as per the following posted about a month ago.

Thank you
Bobs41185 wrote:I'm having trouble getting what I want my Contacts to look like in the Ooma V2 - Beta and need some direction.

Since the only available Contact Input source is the Ooma Mobile App which uses the Mobile Contacts as the Source. For Example, iPhone can be set up to Sort either by First then Last or the reverse and the same selections can be set up for Display. Additionally, the last name is shown in Bold which sets the last name apart. Ooma has no sort order available so I have chosen in the Ooma V2 - Beta to show the example name "Joe Example" as First Name "Joe", Last Name "Example" and Display as "Example, Joe" which works fine however, I can find no way to get an Import from the Ooma Mobile app which does not end up as First Name "Joe", Last Name "Example" and Display as ends up as "Joe Example". In the Ooma V1 app I got around the problem by listing First Name "Example," and Last Name "Joe". While not straight forward it accomplished my desired goal.

Editing each Contact to change the "Display as" parameter to "Last Name, First Name" does not seem a practical solution.

Please consider this problem and hopefully arrive at a solution.

Thank you.
Customer Since: 4/23/13
Hardware: Telo
Service: Premier 4/23/13
Spectrum Internet: 200 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem ===> LinkSys AC1750 Router ===> Ooma Telo

bobpickering

Post by bobpickering » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Tom B wrote:The classic version has a link on the login screen called: Try My Ooma Beta
The beta version has a link on the login screen called: Switch to My Ooma Classic
I ended up on the beta website because of a popup… and the popup gave no warning that it was taking me to a beta website. Once I was on the beta website, I could find no way to switch back. How was I to know that the login page was the only way to get back to the website that worked?
Customer since April, 2011
First Generation Telo (DMZ)
Three HD2 handsets