My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Post by Bobby B » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello!

For the past 6+ months we've been hard at work on the next version of My Ooma. The new site has a brand new UI and includes many usability and performance improvements. You can view the new website at:

http://my-beta.ooma.com

We're really excited to hear what you all think! Feel free to post your feedback and bug reports to this thread.

Thanks,
Bobby

Notes:
  • There's a known issue adding contact images on the new site. We're working on resolving this
  • Help files are still missing - we're working on filling them in
  • Canadian address support should be in the next build (week of Oct 27)
  • Dashboard and configuration wizard pages are planned for release in November
Bobby B

highq

Re: My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Post by highq » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:57 pm

When adding a number to blacklist, this version wastes my time by forcing me to enter a reason.. Just accept a blank field, as is now the case.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks - I've created a bug to only make the phone number a required field.
highq wrote:When adding a number to blacklist, this version wastes my time by forcing me to enter a reason.. Just accept a blank field, as is now the case.
Bobby B

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Bobby B,

I like the look of the new version. It is much easier to read and I like the color choices.

The Ooma Linx is one of my favorite products and I hope you sell more of them. I suggest adding a reference to it on the "Add-On" page for personal numbers. https://my-beta.ooma.com/products/vn Right now it says,
You can add up to 8 additional numbers, from any calling area in the US or Canada, to your account. Direct each number to ring on any extension in your home (Ooma Telo Handset or Ooma Scout required) or set custom ring patterns so you know who the call is for.
The Ooma Linx can also be used to ring a specific extension phone with a personal number.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:13 am

Screens overlap the viewing area when viewed on my tablet. In the call forwarding preference nothing is checked even though my account is set to forward calls when the Ooma device is offline. There also doesn't seem to be a way to enable this option.

Call log does not reflect local time the call came in (I did not use Ooma at 2:27AM like the call log says for one of my calls).

sabretooth02

Post by sabretooth02 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:35 am

So is there a reason why our phone number and password don't work on the beta Ooma?

highq

Post by highq » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:28 am

sabretooth02 wrote:So is there a reason why our phone number and password don't work on the beta Ooma?
Same credentials do work on the beta version, though I may have had to fiddle with using dashes (XXX-XXX-XXXX) or not.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 am

Good suggestion - one of the upcoming builds will have the updated text that mentions the Linx instead of the Scout.
oomamaniacal wrote: The Ooma Linx can also be used to ring a specific extension phone with a personal number.
Bobby B

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks for the bug reports - please see below for questions/comments:
thomasm wrote:Screens overlap the viewing area when viewed on my tablet.
What Tablet are using to view the site?
thomasm wrote: In the call forwarding preference nothing is checked even though my account is set to forward calls when the Ooma device is offline. There also doesn't seem to be a way to enable this option.
I'll open a bug for this one. We're thinking about adding this option under the "Home" settings since the call forwarding only kicks in if the home base station is offline.
thomasm wrote: Call log does not reflect local time the call came in (I did not use Ooma at 2:27AM like the call log says for one of my calls).
A bug has been opened for this issue. We should have this resolved soon.
Bobby B

kriemer

Post by kriemer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:16 am

A couple of questions

Under "Call Forwarding"
The Mobile App is listed. Would this ring calls to both cells phones tied to this account?
Also one of the mobile phones is listed separately.

Under "Devices"
The Ooma Telo shows an exclamation sign in a yellow triangle. What's the story here.

More info please.

k