My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
hotot
Re: My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Post by hotot » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:06 am

Yes I have been using the scout for 5+ years.
All of a sudden yesterday it stopped working.

I have Hub hooked to two scouts with splitter (I have two numbers). The one scout is working fine. I logged in and I only see one scout and hub in my devices (I haven't changed setup in 4+ years) so I figured I would try and add other scout in case that was the problem but cannot.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:17 am

I have a Scout that has been online since 2009 and is still working. It does not appear in the new my.ooma under devices. I plugged in my spare Scout and it immediately started working. It appears the Scout only has to be listed if it is going to be used as a personal device. I was able to add my spare device but the leading letter must be omitted. Just the 5 character hexadecimal number is required. I also added my regular Scout and it has a hexadecimal letter in the 5 character field.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:35 am

The 5-position scoutID is not hexadecimal, but just alphanumeric. Telo accessories are auto-detected, hub accessories are not so need to be added manually.

hotot

Post by hotot » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:53 am

So yes the number on back of Scout is SQ0992 (I changed one number just in case for posting reasons).

I know on the other one I just enter in the last 5 digits/letter on the old site. But in this case I enter in Q0992 and it says invalid. It says it right away and looking at the code looks like it wants numbers not letters for my ID. But my ID has a letter in it. If I leave the Q off it says it needs to be of length 5. Help?

I know I could enter them in on the old site, seems like bad policy to remove a section for the current non-beta site and force people to use a beta site that obviously has bugs since I cannot add this valid device.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Compare the code with the last 5 characters of the serial number. They are exactly the same on both of my Scouts.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

hotot

Post by hotot » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Correct the code is the last 5 of the serial.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:02 pm

This is a MyOoma bug. I've added your scout via an internal console.

guy451

Post by guy451 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Voicemails won't play in my browser.

I can see voicemails; I can click on them, the icon changes from the play-triangle to the pause symbol, but no sound (and the progress bar doesn't change).

I can logout, go to classic-my-ooma, and play the voicemails just fine.

Seems like the browser: I'm in IE 10.0.9
On a different computer, on the same home network, I use Chrome and the beta-myooma works fine playing the same messages.

Morac

Post by Morac » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 am

Blacklist comments won't allow single quotes (') in them. Throws an error.

Morac

Post by Morac » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm

I created a private account and moved my Linx to it. I left my HD2 handset on my main account, yet when I log into my private account and go to the devices page it shows my HD2 handset there. It says it requires additional setup, but it's listed. It should not be shown in devices since it's not supposed to be on the private account.

On a side note, the Call Forwarding page shows "Ring Telo" with a picture of the Telo, even though the Telo is on the main account, not the private account.