My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
GrandpaT
Re: My Ooma V2 - Beta Feedback

Post by GrandpaT » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:42 am

Use this link, works every time.

https://my-beta.ooma.com/call_logs

Gramps

kdmc69

Post by kdmc69 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 am

thomasm wrote:You are all correct.

My opening to my preference page was a one-time fluke. I'm back to the dashboard every time both on my Android tablet and my Windows XP desktop. :(
I just tested this on my Ipad, since initially I was only using a Windows desktop PC running Vista. The Ipad acts the same way. If I close MyOoma without logging out, the next time I use it, it logs in to the dashboard. If I log out of it, though, it will open to my preferred page the next time I log on. Just something to keep an eye on.

edit: I have been testing with a first generation Telo. I decided to test with the newer version (Boyle) and get the results that everyone else are getting. After logging out, the log in screen comes up. If I log right back on then, it brings up the correct screen. But, if I close completely out of the app and then log back in, it opens to the dashboard every time. Maybe someone else can test with an original Telo and see if they get the same results. :?:
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

phoenixtommy

Post by phoenixtommy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:47 pm

kdmc69 wrote:
Bobs41185 wrote:
thomasm wrote:SURPRISE! I opened up the beta page this morning to update my forwarding options AND THE OPENING PAGE WAS THE CALL LOGS (which my preference is set to)! Yay! No more stupid dashboard.
My Beta app is still opening to the Dashboard :cry:
Here is what I discovered about this. If I go in and make the Call log my preference for the opening page, save it and then LOG OFF, the next time I open it, it opens to the Call Log. If I close out of MyOoma without logging off, (even after saving the Call Log as my preferred page) the next time I log on, it opens to the dashboard and every time after that until I do the log off. I don't know if this is what is effecting you, or not. But, it might be something to take a look at.
This works. Log out of Ooma and then close window. It's the first time in three years that I've been able to change this preference.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:12 am

The default start page bug has now been fixed.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:55 am

Tom B wrote:The default start page bug has now been fixed.
Yes, it's fixed!!!

But like Monty Python said, "And now for something completely different".

I discovered today that if you delete an entry in your personal blacklist the check mark for the expanded blacklist (nomorobo) is removed. You have to re-check it and click save to restore it.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:16 am

Can't reproduce this. I see you have no entries in your personal BL. Perhaps in some way related to that. Please try to reproduce again and provide exact steps.

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Tom B wrote:The default start page bug has now been fixed.
Yes, when Starting the Ooma V2 Beta app from my laptop (Windows 7 64 bit OS), the default Start Page is now correct (thank you very much :D ) but when Starting the app from my iPhone 4S (IOS 8.3) the default Start Page always comes up in the Voicemail Inbox page. :o
Customer Since: 4/23/13
Hardware: Telo
Service: Premier 4/23/13
Spectrum Internet: 200 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem ===> LinkSys AC1750 Router ===> Ooma Telo

phoenixtommy

Post by phoenixtommy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:12 pm

MISSING FEATURE (a serious omission)
Previously, I sent blacklisted and NoMoRobo blocked to ring forever. After discovering that a call from my doctor at the VA had been blocked on NoMoRobo, I started sending them to voice mail. Now these calls don't show up in the call logs, but they do as a voicemail. Today, I realized there is no button to add these calls in the voicemail window.

How are they supposed to be added? Manually? And there is now way to add to the blocklist from the HD2 handset.

If you dont make it easier, then the blocklist is going to dwindle. And I've yet to figure out how to add to NoMoRobo.

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:23 am

phoenixtommy wrote:And I've yet to figure out how to add to NoMoRobo.
Here is how you enter numbers directly into Nomorobo that BTW HELPS EVERYONE who uses Nomorobo and those with Ooma Premier who smartly have also checked Expanded Blacklist:

1. Create a login to Nomorobo.com by using any provider other than Ooma. No need to provide your phone number because all you will be doing is offering numbers to block via Nomorobo.

2. No need to populate your personal blacklist anymore but leave the numbers you've already entered. And only use personal blacklist to enter numbers with wild cards.

As I've posted many times now, I've been doing this and HELPING OTHERS at same time! It may take 48 hrs for you never to receive a number you enter into Nomorobo and the reason is mostly the interval that Ooma refreshes their copy of the Nomorobo database that I've been told offers in an hr or so. Some day Ooma will reveal how often they do those updates.

Done!

Ira

phoenixtommy

Post by phoenixtommy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Thank you for the directions. I was confused by using Ooma Premier as the carrier which dead ends. I tried AT&T U'vers instead and made an icon in Chrome taskbar for my taskbar.

No all we need if for someone to write an extension for browsers so we can highlight the number and add it directly to NoMoRobo.

UPDATE: I just posted 3 robocall numbers since yesterday into NoMoRobo. With a clickable icon on my taskbar and copying and pasting the number, it is very easy. MUCH easier to add to than using Ooma multiple-step dashboard.