scout not work (with blue light)

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
ooma_fan
scout not work (with blue light)

Post by ooma_fan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:16 am

I have OOMA Premier Service with two lines (OOMA hub and scout), very satisfied with them since the day one, especially the scout which I use extensively as my home office number.

I just noticed my scout does not work anymore, with blue light on it

1) For incoming call, my Scout will blink but not ring the phone connected to it, the incoming call goes to scout voice mail eventually. If I pickup the phone connected to my scout while it is blinking (with incoming call), I hear a dial tone, rather than answering the incoming call.

2) For outgoing call, the callerID shows my hub main number, but not my Scout number.

Previously the scout had the same problem occasionally, but as soon as I rebooted the Scout, the problem went away immediately.

This time the problem stays, even I reboot my hub and scout. Any help is appreciated!

lbmofo

Re: scout not work (with blue light)

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:50 am

Try deleting personal device setup and setup again.

ooma_fan

Post by ooma_fan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 pm

THANKS lbmofo, I moved my secondary/scout number back to my main account. then deleted Scout, the personal device. But when I tried to add the scout back, it prompted me "Device ID" as a required field. How do I find my Scout's device ID, the last 5 digits of Scout's serial number???

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:17 pm

correct

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:14 am

As a reminder there were a large number of Scouts shipped with the wrong serial number on the label. If you have one of those you will have to call support to have them look up the actual serial number of the Scout that is connected to your Hub.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ooma_fan

Post by ooma_fan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Good news to share.

I took the last 5 digits of my Scout's serial number and added my scout back. It still did not work out.

Suspecting the device ID might not be the last 5 digits of my Scout's serial number. I gave OOMA customer service a call. I was told the device ID should be the last 6 digits of Scout's serial number instead of 5. Apparently it should not be the case for my hub+scout which only takes the last 5.

What I did were: 1) deleted the scout device from existing account; 2) added the device back to the existing account, which did not work out for me.

Running out of the option, I saw some posts of similar issue associated with Private Account, so I 1) deleted the device, 2) created a brand new Private Account; 3) added the device back to the new Private Account just created, it starts working! :D

Thanks lbmofo, Tom B, murphy again, it’s a great forum!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:25 pm

For scout it is the last 5 of the serial number. For HD2 / Linx / Safety Phone it is the last 6 of the DECT ID.