Caller ID in log different than caller id lists in phone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
EdKeating
Caller ID in log different than caller id lists in phone

Post by EdKeating » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:50 am

Some numbers are not shown in the call log but are indicated correctly in the phone, so I suspect it is a call log issue.
My nephew's number shows correct in phone TRUCKENBROD, ROB , but is indicated in recent call logs as Perez Salvador. I believe they've had this number for over 9 months. Call logs on 3/30/14 show the correct caller id for the number. In call logs as recent as 9/28/14 the number in the call log also matched. On 9/30/14, the same number showed up with no caller id in the log, and on 10/5/14 started showing up as the "Perez Salvador" name.

My local EDWARD JONES number is blank in the call log as well but I don't receive calls that often to be able to verify that number as well against the call log.

It isn't an issue with caller id displayed in uppercase, as others seem to be ok.
Neither one of these are in my contact list, so it isn't an issue from there.
If you need more information, or copies of the downloaded call logs, you can email me for more information.

Tesseract

Re: Caller ID in log different than caller id lists in phone

Post by Tesseract » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:20 pm

I have caller id's that show up on the phone - but not in the log - is that normal?

EdKeating

Re: Caller ID in log different than caller id lists in phone

Post by EdKeating » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 am

Callers that you have blocked, might be going to voicemail directly - depends on what you have set to handle blocked calls if using Ooma premier. The caller id might be available within the voicemail, but this option has changed over the last year and haven't re-verified it.

It has been my experience that calls that are truly blocked or anonymous(when anonymous calls are set to blocked ) do not show in the call log.

My most recent update to my original post is that I raised this as a ticket on 30-Jan-2015 150130-000458.
The reason I raised the issue is that if the Caller ID in the log isn't accurate 100% of the time for callers that I do know (who don't have spoofing capabilities), then what can I say about the accuracy for callers that I don't know.

When the call came in, I noticed this happening (on 3/29/15): The caller ID displayed on the screen when the call arrives (this happened to be when I was already in a call) was the incorrect caller name - this same caller name is what is displayed in the call log via the ooma web site. The caller number and correct name are retained within the HD handset if I examine the call log there.