OOMA Call Log reporting wrong outbound number

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
fluffybear30269
OOMA Call Log reporting wrong outbound number

Post by fluffybear30269 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 pm

MY OOMA Call Log is reporting my outbound calls incorrectly.

The number being recorded in my call log is 900-265-1046 but yet that is not the number we are dialing. I made several calls to different numbers and yet my call log shows the above 900 number as the outbound number. I phoned OOMA support and the individual I don't think believed me until I dialed a number while he was on the phone and that odd 900# appeared in my call log.

OOMA tried to blame DVR equipment in my home until I explained that none of the DVR's are connected to a phone line but rather connected via the internet through a separate router..

Has anyone else seen this issue?

ydnar723
Location:Maine...yes that place in between Canada and Boston

Re: OOMA Call Log reporting wrong outbound number

Post by ydnar723 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:53 pm

I just made a separate post with this experience as well in a different forum, but I can confirm I experienced this two days ago.
Two calls to the same number, back to back. No child, no modems, no faxes, the only thing that can make a phone call with the Ooma set is the 2 HD2 handsets I have. None of the handsets take the blame for dialing this number either when I review their call logs individually.
The times the event took place, both my wife and I were upstairs reading.
Two nights prior to this taking place, one of the HD2 handsets made that soft "beep beep" tone (that you hear when you place an HD2 handset on the charging cradle) at about 2am waking me right up, I lifted the phone, put it back on to no avail. The only way I could stop it was pull the battery, a few hours later, I put the batteries back in, haven't heard it make a sound since. I am not sure if it is related though.
But as far as the 900 number is concerned, (i know this line gets old) but nothing here would have made that call after 10 PM, as a matter of fact, I may have had the system on Do Not Disturb, but I typically have it on each night for the most part. But I don't believe on this night the 900 calls were made, I had DND enabled, now that I put some thought into that part.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: OOMA Call Log reporting wrong outbound number

Post by Tom » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:28 am