call forwarding question

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
peel
call forwarding question

Post by peel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 pm

can you put one line on straight to message and still take call on other line line

Groundhound

Re: call forwarding question

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:10 pm

I know you can if the second line is assigned to a scout, I'm not sure if you can otherwise.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Groundhound is correct, you'd have to assign one number to a scout and then press and hold the envelope button for 2 seconds to activate "do not disturb".

trix

Post by trix » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 am

I've been wanting to do that and still haven't figured out how. I have one number assigned to the hub and another to the scout. When I click on call forwarding there are no options as to which number to forward so both will be forwarded. I would love it if someone could say how one actually can call forward only one number....or one to one place and the other to another place.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:13 am

trix wrote:I've been wanting to do that and still haven't figured out how. I have one number assigned to the hub and another to the scout. When I click on call forwarding there are no options as to which number to forward so both will be forwarded. I would love it if someone could say how one actually can call forward only one number....or one to one place and the other to another place.
- Click Assign a device - Assign a device for personal use pop-up window will appear
- Enter name of device e.g. "Scout"
- Select Hub or Scout radio button - Scout device id entry will appear
- Enter Scout device id - ok the instructions say to enter the last 5 characters of the serial number but for me it was the last 6 characters and they were displayed separately in a box on the bottom of the scout
- enter first name, last name, email address and password (twice)
- click save
- wait 3 minutes - you should see 2 phone numbers under shared devices and none under Scout (or whatever name of device you used above)
- click on your second phone number - update phone number settings pop-up window will appear
- select Scout (or whatever name of device you used above) from Associated device dropdown
- click save
- wait 3 minutes
- log out of the lounge
- log back in to the lounge using your second phone number as the id and the password you used above
- select preferences -> calling
- check the Enable Call Forwarding checkbox

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 am

bw1,

Great tutorial. Clear and concise. I'm sure we'll refer others to this post often. Thank you!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:55 am

send donations to ...
:)

trix

Post by trix » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:35 am

My hub and scout are set up that way. One number can go to message and one not....though I haven't actually used that feature yet.

What I can't do is call forward one number (on hub) to a cell phone and leave the other number (scout) alone. I don't think it can be done....yet.
I hope that is a feature that is available soon.

trix

Post by trix » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:44 am

OK, it finally sunk in that I had to sign in under the second/scout number....Now I understand how I can call forward only one of the numbers and will try it today.

Thanks.