Voicemails not appearing in MyOoma interface

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
BostonEngineer
Voicemails not appearing in MyOoma interface

Post by BostonEngineer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:17 am

I have the basic service but my understanding is that voicemails should be recorded and one should be able to listen to them using the MyOoma web interface even with basic service.

I was told by a caller to my Ooma number that they could not leave a message and that they got an automatic message saying my voicemail inbox was full.

I had not been aware that I had received any voicemails since the MyOoma web interface showed none. The web interface does log incoming calls (including the one from my friend that tried to leave a voicemail).

Does anyone know how to get my MyOoma voicemail inbox to work?

TIA --Doug

2spirit

Re: Voicemails not appearing in MyOoma interface

Post by 2spirit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 am

Have you gone through the process of setting up your voicemail account? From Ooma FAQ:

Setting up your voicemail
You can access the initial setup for your voicemail by picking up the phone and pressing the > button on your Ooma device. The initial setup process will walk you through setting up your PIN (for remote access), recording your name, and recording a greeting. The whole process should only take you a couple of minutes.

Note: You can change these settings at any time by connecting to your voicemail and hitting option "2" from the main voicemail menu.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Voicemails not appearing in MyOoma interface

Post by Tom » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 am

Your mailbox is operational. You can test it by leaving yourself a memo. Pick up the phone attached to the telo, press play, and from the main menu press 3.