Excluding Phone Number from Blacklist

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
MLW99
Excluding Phone Number from Blacklist

Post by MLW99 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:06 pm

I am an attorney who was waiting for a phone call from a judge this afternoon to my Ooma phone number (using Premier Service). Apparently, the judge's call kept going directly to my voice mail and my phone did not ring. His Honor then sent me an email informing me of his inability to get through to me and I replied that he should call my cell phone number. When he did, the caller ID showed the following number: 000-000-0000.

I suspect that the court's phone system generates such a Caller ID identifier for security purposes. Unfortunately, the built-in Ooma blacklist also intercepts this 000-000-0000 phone number and forwards it directly to voice mail without ringing my phone.

I went to my Ooma dashboard where the 000-000-0000 number is shown on my Ooma Dashboard home page, but not in the "Call Logs" page.

Is there a setting that I can make so that any future phone calls with the 000-000-0000 Caller ID are not forwarded immediately to voice mail and that my phone does, in fact, ring? As you can imagine, it is "mission critical" for me to be able to receive phone calls from a judge who calls on a phone system using non-standard Caller ID identifiers.

Thanks for any advice. --Mark
Email: mlw99@yahoo.com

thomasm

Re: Excluding Phone Number from Blacklist

Post by thomasm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:05 am

There are two things you can try.

1. Turn off all three of the blacklists (community, nomorobo, and personal)

2. Turn off the option to block anonymous calls (found in the "privacy" menu). Then ask the judge to hit *67 to DISABLE the non-standard caller ID when he calls you.

Sending all zeros for a phone number is a violation of Federal law. Perhaps you could point this out to whoever is in charge of the courthouse phone system and they could reprogram the system to just block caller ID altogether.