Website Error

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
smileybri
Website Error

Post by smileybri » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Some might dismiss this as a browser issue, but users who store passwords in Google Chrome will not be able to reset their password via the my.ooma portal. This is a Website design flaw that should be addressed.

If a user asks for a password reset an email with a link to reset the password is sent.
User clicks on the link and is presented with two boxes to type and confirm their new password.
(This is where the authentication of the old password should be - ON THE PAGE with the other fields. )
User clicks save and a hidden layer is revealed asking for the old password.
User enters old password and and in the background you can see Chrome change the password to the stored password.
User submits the form which returns an error for password mismatch because the password and confirm fields no longer match.

Oh, and I can't upload upload a screenshot due to ERROR: "Could not upload attachment to ./files/8599_b73e4b12a5de494e2b738ae8bcb4374b."

Ooma, you are an Internet company. Website issues like these are barely forgivable.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Website Error

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:59 pm

That issue is fixed on the beta website. On the login screen click the link 'Try My Ooma Beta'.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Website Error

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:58 pm

upload issue has been fixed
Attachments
pinea.jpg
pinea.jpg (5.99KiB)Viewed 4688 times