Nomorobo / Ooma Premier

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Nomorobo / Ooma Premier

Post by 5615268074 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:27 am

Nomorobo is s FREE service to stop robo calls but Ooma won't allow us to use it unless we pay $10/month for Premier. I am very disappointed in Ooma for this rip off.

oomamaniacal

Re: Nomorobo / Ooma Premier

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:54 am

5615268074 wrote:Nomorobo is s FREE service to stop robo calls but Ooma won't allow us to use it unless we pay $10/month for Premier. I am very disappointed in Ooma for this rip off.
The free Nomorobo service is not the same as what Ooma offers. Ooma offers an Expanded Blacklist "powered by Nomorobo." This means that your phone will not ring for blocked callers. The free service won't know if it is a blocked caller until after the first ring. Also, Ooma provides you with the option of sending those callers to voice mail, along with other options. It truly is a premium service.

Some Premier subscribers were using Nomorobo before Ooma offered the Expanded Blacklist: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16943&hilit=holmes4 ... 10#p119927

However, that would require that you have multi-ring which is a Premier feature.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:33 am

oomamaniacal wrote:
5615268074 wrote:Some Premier subscribers were using Nomorobo before Ooma offered the Expanded Blacklist: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16943&hilit=holmes4 ... 10#p119927

However, that would require that you have multi-ring which is a Premier feature.
Excuse me. I forgot those without Premier can not benefit from Nomorobo either directly or via the Ooma Expanded Blacklist as they don't have the Multi-Ring feature.

jaarroyo

Post by jaarroyo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:34 am

5615268074 wrote:Nomorobo is s FREE service to stop robo calls but Ooma won't allow us to use it unless we pay $10/month for Premier. I am very disappointed in Ooma for this rip off.
Ooma advertises free calling, not free everything. They are also trying to make a dollar and have to charge for something.

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:00 pm

jaarroyo wrote:
I left AT&T because they did not offer simultaneous ring AT ANY COST. As such, I could not subscribe to Nomorobo. I joined Ooma Premier primarily for the blacklist features. It was a few months after I joined Ooma that the marriage between Ooma and Nomorobo was consummated (in the sense of the word). A strong secondary reason for DUMPING AT&T after 40 dedicated years was monthly cost. All things considered, Ooma Premier, with all it's features and specifically the Community Blacklist, the Personal Blacklist and now Nomorobo Expanded Blacklist, now I do NOT even need to populate my Personal Blacklist. Still I have my top 25 entered into my Personal Blacklist (10 when I was wasting money with AT&T plus 15 I received prior to Nomorobo).

I know I've posted this sort of diatribe multiple times and honestly I do not work for or have a relative who works for Ooma or Nomorobo. I'm just a happy Ooma customer. Ooma is not a perfect solution and I wish they'd respond to my other repeated posts about the IOS app but anyway ......

Ira
Last edited by Iraisok on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

sabretooth02

Post by sabretooth02 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:08 am

So quit and don't use Ooma. Go back to paying $40/month for your phone.

Remag123

Post by Remag123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 pm

I too am disappointed that the only way to get Nomorobo is to pay for Premier. Given that I do not want to pay for that the choice is easy. DON'T ANY THE PHONE unless you see number or name you recognize. Everyone loves Freebies but companies need to make a profit to survive. The Whiners here will the first to abandon Ooma and not give a rats ass if Ooma goes bust.
Go back to Verizon, AT&T and any of the others who charge more or quit your Bitching. I'm staying Ooma. BTW, I am in no way affiliated with Ooma or any of it's employees.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

HarryKerry

Post by HarryKerry » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 am

For a single flat fee of $10, Ooma includes ALL features, no tiers, thank goodness. I can't find any other phone service, POTS, Fiber, VoIP, whatever who offers so many rich features for so low a monthly price. Of course Ooma has a Premiere level with the more advanced features, and let's not forget that 2nd Line included, all for only $10 per month. That's who they can make money and not go out of business. I'd also say that Ooma's Basic service is exactly that and should be fine for most folks like senior citizens or others who are NOT interested in any advanced features, and the cost is ONLY taxes. Who else does that. For families or "younger" folks (not quite 70 years of age yet), the advanced features are appealing and often desired, and only $10 per month for a whole suite of advanced features, even single one Ooma offers, is available for use. And if I want an additional telephone number, it is only $5 per month. Now that makes a dedicated Fax line extremely affordable, or that extra number for whoever in the household. No phone service can beat that, and the said additional number has access to all the Premier features if the main account phone number has it. The $10 per month of Premier features for the entire account. Good Grief!! This is an incredible service, and some people are complaining? Yes, please feel free to try another service and find out where the best value is, and IMHO, it aint out there.