Not able to change billing information (credit card)

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Shawn
Not able to change billing information (credit card)

Post by Shawn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:17 pm

The is no edit option in the billing information screen, only "save" button. Enter new information over the old one and hit the save button, you get an error:
"We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner, check the logs for more information."

mixedbouquet

Re: Not able to change billing information (credit card)

Post by mixedbouquet » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Was this ever resolved? I am unable to update my credit card either. I got the same message. But every time I go to the myooma, it tells me I have to update my card because it is expired. Not sure why they haven't emailed me about this - I only came to the site to investigate another problem, when the site nags me to update my expired card.

Billing has been going through just fine on my new card, and the only thing I needed to update was the expiration date. But it keeps giving me that error. I'm not going to keep typing in my credit card numbers on a buggy web site! At this point, I don't know if I need to contact the bank and cancel my card because I've been sending my credit info to ...where?

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 pm

My Ooma would not let me update my credit card info, either, so I simply made a quick call to Ooma customer support and the rep entered the credit card info for me over the phone. Here's the U.S. number for support: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662).
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:27 am

When I last updated my credit card info, though it was not immediately evident, I realized that in addition to changing the expiration date I also had to change the 3 digit "security code". After changing that it went through fine.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

mixedbouquet

Post by mixedbouquet » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 am

Thanks, but I did change all of it, including the security code. It still said something went wrong. They are going to have to fix this because I do not give my credit card number over the phone, either. I've had my information stolen and sold before and it was (and still is) a nightmare to get it cleared up.

They have been making charges to the "expired" card for at least 6 months, so the number they have is still working. I've had this new card for quite a long time and didn't even know Ooma had expired info because my monthly charges are showing up on my cc statements... I might have to cancel my ooma account anyway because the service is broken and totally useless to me if I cannot get calls from the only people I need to hear from.