Flashing dim red light of death

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
preout
Flashing dim red light of death

Post by preout » Sun May 17, 2015 3:38 am

My Ooma experience has not been the best. I do like paying less than $90 a month for phone service.

For the last week the Ooma light has either been off or flashing a dim red. I have rebooted the router, Ooma, switched plugs, switched phones, etc., to no benefit. Any suggestions before I switch over to a cable phone?

murphy

Re: Flashing dim red light of death

Post by murphy » Sun May 17, 2015 5:26 am

Check the power supply for 5 volts if it is a Telo or 12 volts if it is a Hub.

Any chance that you rearranged your furniture and connected the wrong power adapter to it when putting everything back together?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

preout

Post by preout » Sun May 17, 2015 7:32 am

Nope, other than switching outlets to test, it has been plugged into the same outlet for the last several months (it worked previously and just started having problems in the last week or so). The wireless "dongle" still shows power.

sabretooth02

Post by sabretooth02 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:30 am

preout wrote:Nope, other than switching outlets to test, it has been plugged into the same outlet for the last several months (it worked previously and just started having problems in the last week or so). The wireless "dongle" still shows power.
Grab your voltmeter and verify.