nest away follow-me not working?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
huedeman
nest away follow-me not working?

Post by huedeman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 am

I haven't changed anything, and it used to work fine.

But now, when my Nest is away or auto-away, calls are not being forwarded even though forwarding is set and follow-me is set to away/auto-away.

I know everything else is OK, since if I turn off follow-me, then both the ooma [home phone] and forward target cell phone ring. It looks like ooma is not getting the away/auto-away notice from the nest link.

[for the record, once you get this working again, it would be nice to have an icon in 'My Ooma' showing the current state of the linked nest, just so users could be sure the connection was working OK].

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: nest away follow-me not working?

Post by Tom » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:03 pm

not seeing a Nest structure in your account and forwarding is disabled

huedeman

Post by huedeman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:19 pm

I un-linked my nest to restore reliable [manual] forwarding, as I need forwarding to be reliable. Phone service is not a hobby I have the time or patience to experiment with once it proves defective.

huedeman

Post by huedeman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:43 am

Ok, I set it up as it had been, and it is again working.

Which begs the question -- why did it not work when it had been set up exactly as it is now and had been working fine for some weeks?

How is one to know the link is (somehow) broken? I had changed nothing in my ooma hardware or account and nothing in my nest hardware or account -- yet it just 'stopped working'.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:15 am

around what time was it not working?

huedeman

Post by huedeman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 am

Tuesday, 6/2 around 11:54 EDT two calls went to ooma voicemail without being forwarded to the forward number [and when I got the email saying there was new voicemail I even re-checked the nest to verify that it was still set to 'away'].

I unlinked the nest and started this thread after I got home a bit later. I had checked the service status, but there were no issues at the time [nor do I think there is a specific category for nest-link status -- perhaps there should be].

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 pm

We stopped receiving updates from Nest for your structure on 5/6 19:00 EDT, but have been receiving updates ok after you relinked on 6/4. We're investigating.

huedeman

Post by huedeman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:31 am

Another bit of data -- if I look at the 'works with nest' line item under account settings in my nest account itself, it shows two listings for ooma -- one used 6 days ago and the other with a dash line, I'm guessing indicating it was never used.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:47 am

I assume you regularly switched home/away status in May?

huedeman

Post by huedeman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:53 am

yes, not every day, but at least a few times a week -- and those were manual. I also have it set to accept auto-away, and it's been pretty good about detecting auto-away.