Why FORCED to use beta version?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Telo_BK
Why FORCED to use beta version?

Post by Telo_BK » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Some features (like call logs!) no longer work properly in the classic (read "working") version of My Ooma. In order to view calls from today, or change blacklists and some preferences, I have to use the beta version, which has trouble with my older Firefox. The trouble is with my browser, I am sure, but why do I have to use the beta site? It's called beta for a reason.

Everything on the classic (stable) site worked with my browser before the features were taken away and moved to the pre-release web site.

TheOldGrouch

Re: Why FORCED to use beta version?

Post by TheOldGrouch » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 am

Why have you not updated your older Firefox? I don't know how old "older" is but there are updates available. I believe I installed the latest one just within the last few weeks. The beta version of ooma seems to have most of it's previous issues worked out (finally), so it works as it should.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:10 am

Classic will go away once contact importing has been implemented on the new site.

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:07 am

That's good, but shouldn't all the exposed features work in the release version? Call logs are pretty basic.

When will importing be complete?

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:09 am

TheOldGrouch wrote:Why have you not updated your older Firefox? I don't know how old "older" is but there are updates available. I believe I installed the latest one just within the last few weeks. The beta version of ooma seems to have most of it's previous issues worked out (finally), so it works as it should.
On one machine, I can't upgrade. Thanks for trying, but think about it: If I didn't know that updates are available (which I have on other machines for other purposes) how would I know that I have an older version? ;)

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:25 am

Click on "Help" and then on "About Firefox". It will tell you the current version number and if a later version is available will begin downloading it.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:39 am

Telo_BK wrote:Call logs are pretty basic.
is there a call logs feature on classic you're missing in the new version?

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:06 am

murphy wrote:Click on "Help" and then on "About Firefox". It will tell you the current version number and if a later version is available will begin downloading it.
I know how to uprade. I can't upgrade on this machine ("CANNOT"). Of you know how to fix a broken apt-get in Kubuntu 12, please advise.
Last edited by Telo_BK on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:07 am

Tom B wrote:
Telo_BK wrote:Call logs are pretty basic.
is there a call logs feature on classic you're missing in the new version?
No, there's a feature that has gone missing on the classic version: Today's calls.

When will "Classic...go away once contact importing has been implemented on the new site."? Do you have a target date?
Last edited by Telo_BK on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 am

Telo_BK wrote:That's good, but shouldn't all the exposed features work in the release version? Call logs are pretty basic.

When will importing be complete?
Agree that all exposed features should work properly unless there is a disclaimer. Now that the call logs are missing data, probably a good time to completely disable the option to view in Classic.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions