reset favorites

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
bobsizer
reset favorites

Post by bobsizer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Is there a way to reset favorites on the dashboard webpage?

oomamaniacal

Re: reset favorites

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:13 pm

No, but it looks like it needs reprogramming because on mine it lists the same person twice.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

mfm-ca

Post by mfm-ca » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 pm

So, when we get a call from some telemarketing firm that bypasses the blacklists and ends up under "Favorites" on the dashboard, there is no way to delete that number?

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:15 pm

mfm-ca wrote:So, when we get a call from some telemarketing firm that bypasses the blacklists and ends up under "Favorites" on the dashboard, there is no way to delete that number?
If Ooma users have telemarketers listed among their top five callers, they need to get more friends. :)
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

mfm-ca

Post by mfm-ca » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:18 pm

oomamaniacal wrote:
mfm-ca wrote:So, when we get a call from some telemarketing firm that bypasses the blacklists and ends up under "Favorites" on the dashboard, there is no way to delete that number?
If someone has telemarketers among their top five callers, they need to get more friends. :)
We just signed up for service and started yesterday with our ported phone number.

So, what you're telling me by your condescending tone is "no".

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:23 pm

mfm-ca wrote:
So, what you're telling me by your condescending tone is "no".
Sorry, that was my lame attempt at a joke. ;) To be more accurate, I should have said "long-term" Ooma users.

Welcome to the Ooma forum! This is a great place to learn more about your new Telo. :)

The My Ooma Dashboard Favorites should "correct" itself over time after you start using your new phone service and you get calls from your ported number. But, there is still no way to manually delete those callers from the list.

I realize that having telemarketers show up on your favorites list is not a very auspicious beginning with Ooma, but don't worry, it does get better. Much better.

With time, and help from Ooma's blacklisting tools, I have been able to reduce telemarketing calls from a daily occurrence to an unusual occurrence.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

mfm-ca

Post by mfm-ca » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:07 pm

oomamaniacal wrote:I realize that having telemarketers show up on your favorites list is not a very auspicious beginning with Ooma, but don't worry, it does get better. Much better.

With time, and help from Ooma's blacklisting tools, I have been able to reduce telemarketing calls from a daily occurrence to an unusual occurrence.
Next to cost, managing telemarketing calls is the main reason why we finally(!) moved from our AT&T landline to Ooma.

I didn't mind the one that slipped through today because I knew I had an easy way to prevent them from ringing our phone again in the future. The whole Do Not Call registry turned out to be a law without much enforcement. Ooma actually makes it fun to deal with these groups.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 pm

mfm-ca wrote:
Next to cost, managing telemarketing calls is the main reason why we finally(!) moved from our AT&T landline to Ooma.
Me too. I ported from AT&T to Ooma a little more than a year ago and I would never want to go back.

Ooma added another blacklist feature powered by an award-winning service called Nomorobo, which is pretty much automatic. Nomorobo was rated highly by a consumer testing panel enlisted by Consumer Reports. In addition, the personal blacklist limit is going to be increased from 256 entries to 1024. And, if that is not enough capacity for you, you can add blacklist numbers to the Nomorobo list, by first creating your own Nomorbo account. They don't have a stated limit of entries. At least I have not discovered any limit.

For some extra fun when dealing with obvious scam artists, I will sometimes use Ooma's three-way calling feature to transfer them to "Lenny" which is a doddering IVR "guy," who talks in circles, while I sit back and listen. It is essentially a Turing test for telemarketers.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions