Adding Phone number with a PAUSE before Extension

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Spectral
Adding Phone number with a PAUSE before Extension

Post by Spectral » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:53 am

Trying to add a contact to the phone book.
I understand that I have to add it on MyOoma web portal then sync to get it on the handset.
But when I add the phone number of the company and I and to add a pause before the extension of the contact,
I get rejected if I put a comma (,) ?

What do you use to add a PAUSE to the number sequence.

BTW, this is also use frequently on international calls to add a PAUSE after the country code.

So it should be straight forward but when I called Customer Service, I was told that it is not possible???

Please, advise.

oomamaniacal

Re: Adding Phone number with a PAUSE before Extension

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:19 pm

I believe that adding pauses has not yet gone beyond a suggestion for a future feature.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12691&p=88782&hilit ... use#p88782

You can add to the previous requests under the suggestions portion of the forum. Additional requests can help improve the likelihood of a feature being added in the future.

I use Panasonic handsets which do have that feature.

BTW, Ooma Office does not use the Ooma handsets. It uses Ooma Linx modules instead. That allows users to basically choose any handset they want. My two-line Panasonic along with the Linxes, allows me to access the advanced calling features of Premier.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

tis_himself

Post by tis_himself » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:05 am

I too want this feature. FYI, it doesn't have to do with the phones. You cannot even add the pause to the contact. I want to use the echo to tell ooma to call my conference bridge, use the pause and enter the conference code. This is a very basic feature that all contact management SW has except for ooma.

scarpentier

Post by scarpentier » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:23 am

Does Ooma have any plans to add this option to call forwarding? I would like this as well.