My Ooma Mobile Screen View

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
bingoboyo
My Ooma Mobile Screen View

Post by bingoboyo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:45 pm

I have accessed My Ooma frequently from my mobile phone for many months. There is (was) a specially formatted screen for use with mobile phones. All I did was navigate to http://.my.ooma.com. Somehow the application knew I was accessing my.ooma via a mobile device and there was a nice compact screen format. This is described in this link near bottom of page http://support.ooma.com/home/my-ooma-fa ... ile-device
Recently, when I access my.ooma from my phone, I get the full blown computer screen version. I must magnify the screen and navigate around - very inconvenient. The compact mobile version does not seem to be available.

Did something happen to the specially formatted mobile version? Is there a way to access it? Must I download and use the Ooma Mobile HD app? If this has been covered, my apologies - couldn't find. Thanks!!

bingoboyo

Re: My Ooma Mobile Screen View

Post by bingoboyo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 am

OK. I think I figured it out.

I had been logging into the Beta version of myooma. Apparently Beta does not yet have the capability to recognize a mobile device and provide access to the specially formatted mobile screen view.

I switched over to classic myooma and, voila, there was the message that the mobile version was going to be used followed by the familiar and far more user-friendly format.

Maybe consider this a candidate for a future Beta upgrade?

MsCoulter

Re: My Ooma Mobile Screen View

Post by MsCoulter » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:44 pm

The same thing happened to me today but I was somehow forced into the new dashboard on all computers and now my android cell phone is no longer recognized as a mobile device. I hate the new dashboard. It loads slowly and I cannot access messages from a mobile device. Please change back!!!