Contact list

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
penman
Contact list

Post by penman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 am

How can I copy the contact list from one (registered) OOMA Telo to another ?
I can export it to a .csv file, but there is no import function.

P

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Contact list

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:58 am

There's an import option at https://my.ooma.com/contacts. It directs customers to import contacts using the Ooma mobile app. We're working to support import on the MyOoma site itself.

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:18 pm

There are many Fields in the Ooma V2 Contact List that are not supported by Importing from the Mobile Contact List. Will the new Ooma V2 Import support those extra fields? I am especially interested in getting the "Display as" field Imported but it would really be nice to get all Ooma V2 Contact List Fields Imported/Exported.

I previously suggested a special Ooma V2 File Format here.
Customer Since: 4/23/13
Hardware: Telo
Service: Premier 4/23/13
Spectrum Internet: 200 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem ===> LinkSys AC1750 Router ===> Ooma Telo

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:27 pm

The V2 Contact Version as of 2015-11-16 - the Contact Upload from the iPad App is working very well now!! Congratulation!!! The only thing I could wish for is a little more space in the Call Logs for the Caller ID. The Contacts App allows for 31 characters for "First Name", "Last Name" and "Display as" but the Call Log only allows for 22 characters so another 9 or 10 would be nice.

Thank you very much!

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:58 pm

The V2 Contact List Upload from the iPad works well placing "First Name" and "Last Name", etc in the correct positions of V2 Contacts but there is no control on the OOMA V2 app for "Sort Order" and "Display Order" as the iPad and iPhone have which presents a problem. For my iPhones and iPad I have a "comma" added after the "Last Name" and have "Sort Order" and "Display Order" both set to "Last, First". This allows me to view my Contact List by Last Name Sort so the person named "Walt Hammer" would be displayed as "Hammer, Walt" which is the way I want it. As it is now, I maintain a "Classic" Contact List and an iPad/iPhone Contact list which I generate a VCARD file from and Import it into the iPad/iPhone.

Please allow "Sort Order" and "Display Order" to be part of the V2 app.

Thank you.

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:20 am

Uploading Contacts to OOMA from iPhone and/or iPad with Version 9.2.1 software no longer works and has not worked for me in awhile. Anyone else have problems?

Cut-Throat

Post by Cut-Throat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:43 am

Yes, I cannot get contacts into Ooma. When I click on "import" a screen appears that tells me to download the Android App.
Download the Ooma Mobile App for iOS or Android
Login, tap the My Ooma tab and tap the Upload Contacts button
Select your contacts and tap Upload Selected

The Android App does not have a My Ooma Tab and cannot Upload Contacts.

Also no where On the Contacts Page is the ability to import CSV Files.

Is anyone paying attention at this company, except the Billing Dept. ?

Bobs41185

Post by Bobs41185 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:30 pm

My Contact List is all Messed up. The Contact List has a "Display As" slot which over rides anything else in the First Name, Last Name slots and one of the OOMA apps now fills this slot in First Name, Last Name order and I want both my Call List and Contact list displayed in Last Name, First Name order which originally was possible but now it does not seem possible. The iPhone allows you to select how you want your Lists displayed and OOMA should also allow this. OOMA allows the Contact List to be uploaded from the iPhone so why shouldn't the Display Order be also uploaded or at least selected within the OOMA app? Currently, I have about 500 Contacts and about 30% of them are messed up and the only way I currently see to correct this is to edit the Contacts "Display As" slot one-by-one which is IMO ridiculous. :cry:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:36 pm

This is a deprecated feature, unfortunately. Even though Ooma's documentation talks about having the ability to export contacts out of MS Outlook to a CSV file, they no longer allow you to import contacts from a CSV file.

This is horrible. Many of us have work cell phones, and contacts on our cell phones that have nothing to do with our home phones. We need the ability to import from CSV. Please bring back this capability.

sfisher

Post by sfisher » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:53 am

<I might note that "specialsauce" came up with a brilliant method using google and spare hardware! Well done.>

However, for those of who are Windows users, it appears we are stuck as are idevice people without spare hardware. As pointed out earlier, editing one at a time is out of the question.

Thus: Create a CSV facility that allows importing - even if we have to only allow certain Ooma fields. At least we could manipulate with Excel before the transfer. The software to do this is readily available and is a base requirement for any contact management. We are losing a significant capability without the ability to manage mass contact lists.
sf