Record Custom Voicemail Greetings from MyOoma

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
dpierce
Record Custom Voicemail Greetings from MyOoma

Post by dpierce » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello, our Telo has been in storage this past month while waiting to close on a house and are hotel bound. I'd love to say I remembered to change my voicemail greeting before disconnecting the Telo and packing it deep in a storage unit, but that's not the case. So, my feature request is...

If I were able to logon to MyOoma.com and record and play the current greetings, that would wonderful.

I see people asking for the ability to upload custom WAV greetings and others asking for the ability to select a "default" greeting. I suppose that would be fine as well, but I've got a microphone and access to a computer. It seems a logical choice and way to go about recording a new greetings.

:?: I haven't looked, but I suppose someone could suggest another way to achieve this through calling my own number and hitting some key combination once voicemail picks up. Once I disable the auto call forwarding to my cell phone I currently have setup.

Thank you for your consideration of my feature suggestion and your future comments.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Record Custom Voicemail Greetings from MyOoma

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:34 am

Yes, you can call your Ooma number, press * during the greeting (before the beep), enter your pin when prompted (may need to press * more than once), and then from the settings menu record a new greeting. If you've forgotten your pin I can assign one of your choosing. Just PM me and I will post back here once done.