Possible Typos in OOMA FAQ regarding wildcards

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
EdF
Possible Typos in OOMA FAQ regarding wildcards

Post by EdF » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:37 pm

The topic: "How do wildcard characters work for Personal blacklists?" Seems to have a number of typos regarding the wildcard character.

Unless I am misunderstanding sometimes it incorrectly shows a "quotation mark" or a "space" or a "period" as an example of a WC when it seems it should only be an asterisk.

To use wildcard characters, follow the steps to add a new number to your Personal blacklist. Then, type the area code you would like to block followed by a . For example, to block the area code 212 you would type “212”” and then save the item. If you wish to block a specific prefix, such as 212-555, you would enter “212555*” and then save the item.

oomamaniacal

Re: Possible Typos in OOMA FAQ regarding wildcards

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm

EdF wrote:The topic: "How do wildcard characters work for Personal blacklists?" Seems to have a number of typos regarding the wildcard character.

Unless I am misunderstanding sometimes it incorrectly shows a "quotation mark" or a "space" or a "period" as an example of a WC when it seems it should only be an asterisk.

To use wildcard characters, follow the steps to add a new number to your Personal blacklist. Then, type the area code you would like to block followed by a . For example, to block the area code 212 you would type “212”” and then save the item. If you wish to block a specific prefix, such as 212-555, you would enter “212555*” and then save the item.
There should be an asterisk after the "a" (which should be an "an"), and after the second "212," you are correct. Instead, the technical writer incorrectly put two quotation marks.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions