Ooma symbol is barely visible, does not allow to make calls

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
ronaldbosch
Ooma symbol is barely visible, does not allow to make calls

Post by ronaldbosch » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:40 am

Ooma is pretty sick-- the symbol on the telo is barely visible and I get a busy signal when I pick up the phone. After about 24 hours I finally can make a call but sometimes it hangs up and then it is busy signal again.
I can't call tech service because this is my only fone... any ideas ???

southsound

Re: Ooma symbol is barely visible, does not allow to make calls

Post by southsound » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 am

Some of the others on the forum will be able to help with the technical issues of what is going on.

My comment is with concern for your safety with only an IP based phone available. My Internet is rock solid 46MB down, 5MB up. But when it fails like it has a few times in the past 6 months, my ooma and other IP based phones are dead. What if I experienced a medical emergency, fire, or break in? We keep several cheap cell phones on low cost plans. You don't need to be on an expensive plan - just make sure you are using a carrier that has good coverage where you live. Our phones are on what is called an MVNO - Mobile Virtual Network Operator. Our service uses the Verizon network but costs us $30 and change a year for my wife's phone and $80 a year for mine. We don't have data enabled but use WiFi for all the typical smart phone features. We use Google Voice as a management system so we don't need to give out our cell numbers but callers can reach us no matter where we are. If you qualify for some of the low income safety nets like food stamps, you can even get your cell service for free. Please consider adding cell service for your safety.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

kdmc69

Re: Ooma symbol is barely visible, does not allow to make calls

Post by kdmc69 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:20 am

ronaldbosch wrote:Ooma is pretty sick-- the symbol on the telo is barely visible and I get a busy signal when I pick up the phone. After about 24 hours I finally can make a call but sometimes it hangs up and then it is busy signal again.
I can't call tech service because this is my only fone... any ideas ???
Have you powered the Telo off and back on again to reboot it?
The brightness issue may be that the brightness needs to be adjusted.
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2