"Problem Connecting to Server" Blocks Disabling Call-waiting

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Verdigris
"Problem Connecting to Server" Blocks Disabling Call-waiting

Post by Verdigris » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 am

Each time I try to disable call-waiting indication in System Preferences, the web page displays an error message: "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later."

Live chat support thought this to be a web browser issue, but since yesterday I have made attempts using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE, Opera, and Safari on a mix of Mac OS X, Win7, and Win10. I get the same error in every browser on every computer.

Disabling call-waiting notification was one of the first things I did when I started with Ooma in 2009. I don't know how the setting recently became enabled, but I certainly want to turn it off again. If live chat support is correct, and this isn't really a server issue, what else should I try? Or, if it is a server issue, any idea when that might be resolved?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: "Problem Connecting to Server" Blocks Disabling Call-waiting

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Disabled call waiting on your account and entered bug for MyOoma not allowing this change on a Core account.

Verdigris

Post by Verdigris » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Thank you, Tom B!

toddao

Post by toddao » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:39 am

I'm having the same problem with a Telo we purchased a year ago or so. What can I do to get it fixed? I'm trying to enable 10-digit dialing and change the time zone, but get "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later."

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:34 am

Your forum email address doesn't match the one on your Ooma account so I can't look it up.

toddao

Post by toddao » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:14 am

thanks for getting back to me. just changed my ooma account e-mail address to be consistent with the forum account e-mail address