Interested in testing Ooma Internet Security?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
thad
Ooma Moderator
Interested in testing Ooma Internet Security?

Post by thad » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Hello from the Ooma product team,

Ooma is testing a new service that will protect your home network from a variety of threats on the Internet. It blocks access to sites that may contain spyware or malware. It also lets you set up a filter on web access, to prevent children from accessing inappropriate sites or explicit images in search engine results. We call it Ooma Internet Security. Check this link out to learn more: https://www.ooma.com/home-internet-security/

If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for Ooma Internet Security, please complete the following short survey.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8RPHH69

As a thank you for participating in the beta test, we would like to offer you the first year of the Ooma Internet Security service completely for free, a more than $50 value, plus the chance to win Amazon Gift Cards simply for participating!

Best,
The Ooma Product Team

murphy

Re: Interested in testing Ooma Internet Security?

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 am

Unfortunately my two Telos are behind my router because they do not support gigabit speed.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:48 am

anything behind the telo is protected so no strict requirement that telo is behind modem

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:07 am

There is nothing connected to the Home jack of either Telo.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jh_austin

Post by jh_austin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:31 am

If Ooma is interested in Internet security, then why hasn't Ooma enabled https on the forums? I mean, come on! Who loves having their passwords sent across the Internet unencrypted? I know I don't. And yes, I see my username and password being sent unencrypted across the Internet when I login to your forums web page.

Why should I trust a company to do Internet security when that company is openly demonstrating that they don't know how to do Internet security?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20847&p=138519

There's a bug open to address this.