Importing a CSV file

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
specialsauce
Importing a CSV file

Post by specialsauce » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 pm

All,

If you want to import a CSV file, but can't figure out how to do so with your MyOoma page or the moblie app, don't waste your time. You can't. There is a way to get there though. It helps if you have a spare iPad with an empty contact list. Here's what I did:

1. Create a Google account, and create a single contact within Google Apps. Then export the contact using their CSV format.
2. Take your contacts CSV file and copy it into Google's CSV format. This will take some time to do, but it will help ensure flawless import of your contacts. Save the file.
3. Import the new Google CSV file with your contacts into your Google account using Chrome.
4. Once your contacts are within your Google account, you can add them to your iPad, under Settings, then 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars', Add Account.
5. Now that your Google contacts are loaded on your iPad, you can now use the Ooma App to upload them to the MyOoma site.

Yes, it is a lot of steps, but there you go! It worked for me, and now I can block all calls that are not on my Contact List. I'm not getting the fraudulent calls anymore!! :D

gthatch

Re: Importing a CSV file

Post by gthatch » Sat May 06, 2017 4:39 pm

I have exported my Google Contacts to a CSV file on my desktop. When I go to myooma and try to import contacts, a box pops up directing me to do this via the Ooma App.

Okay, so I download the app. There is an upload contacts feature only.

How do I get my Google contacts into Ooma?

Gary
gthatch@aol.com

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 am

get the contacts into your phone's Contacts and then give the app access to those contacts

rshadd

Post by rshadd » Wed May 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Why is this such a hassle?