Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Agent99
Re: Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Post by Agent99 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Rule Based? That is crap. It doesn't explain anything. They just have to change their RULE. We are the customers, OOMA made a mistake. Just have them FIX it. Put a check box on the website so we can ditch Premium ourselves.

As you can tell I am not happy with OOMA. The phone works, but the Customer Service is as bad as it gets. Tom, I know you try, but overall OOMA has serious customer service problems.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 pm

enjoy the premier for 30 days, free of charge

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:29 am

No Premium "features" turned on so nothing to enjoy. This Ooma ERROR? and OOMA's response to it is just another indication of Ooma's lack of customer care. And perhaps lack of technical expertise seeing they cannot reverse their error.

Received this email from Ooma (My account still shows the Premier subscription, so nothing that I as customer can see, has been done to change that.)
Good day! Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care!

We apologize for the delay.

This email is with regards your ticket: 170228-003091.

This email confirms that your account is back on the basic subscription.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:21 pm

It has been corrected. It will just take 30 days to take effect. Meanwhile you have Premier free of charge as you've verified in MyOoma. I see in the ticket that support has corrected their earlier statement.

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:56 am

Free Premier? Might as well have one month's free pass on the Moscow Metro ;) (IT is quite impressive though)

Just to sum up.

I don't know if the Call Blocking email was just an error or if it was a deliberate trick by your marketing people to get people to sign up for Premier. Either way, it does not reflect well on Ooma.

The other issue that came out of this, was availability of customer support. Phone support is not available 24/7 as it is with most phone companies. What happens if a business's Ooma phones go down? The Chat line, based on my experience, and in part outlined above is next to useless. The message that comes up if you are lucky enough to actually open a chat line actually says to call if your question is not a simple one. Again this does not reflect well on Ooma.

I have no issue with our phone service as such. But Ooma, your customer service, backroom techs and marketing dept needs a good shake up!

Looking forward to seeing that Premier icon removed from my account.

And thank you Tom for getting involved.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 am

As indicated the chat issue is not completely under our control.

Not in Ooma's interest to have support clogged up with downgrade requests, so yes a badly designed email.
Our apologies. This has been escalated to executive staff.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Agent99 wrote:
The other issue that came out of this, was availability of customer support. Phone support is not available 24/7 as it is with most phone companies. What happens if a business's Ooma phones go down? The Chat line, based on my experience, and in part outlined above is next to useless. The message that comes up if you are lucky enough to actually open a chat line actually says to call if your question is not a simple one. Again this does not reflect well on Ooma.

I have no issue with our phone service as such. But Ooma, your customer service, backroom techs and marketing dept needs a good shake up!
I never had 24/7, customer service, when I was with the traditional phone company here in the States (AT&T). Out of curiosity, I Googled their current hours, and found that Ooma's hours are actually better offering Sunday hours....
From AT&T's site: Landline - Home Phone customer service
Mon. - Sat., 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. local time
Also, Ooma has many customers who opt for the free service, so I would imagine that limits the budget for live customer support.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

ReaXion

Post by ReaXion » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 am

This is dung. Plainly. I too was deceived by that email. Now after three phone calls to what one calls "support" to whom you speak you can barely understand what they are saying in English they say it's been cancelled. But my account clearly shows it isn't... So WTF? Why can't we have controls to turn this crap off? We are spammed to death to turn it on. With no way but "support" to get it turned off. Calling into support three times, and into chat multiple times. I don't want to be billed for it. If I do, I'm going to put a chargeback on it, and be done with it. I'm not dealing with this support nightmare. I was fooled into accepting this. I won't be fooled getting out of it! It's a waste of ones time dealing with what is assumed to be 'support'.

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:42 pm

ReaXion wrote:This is dung. Plainly. I too was deceived by that email. Now after three phone calls to what one calls "support" to whom you speak you can barely understand what they are saying in English they say it's been cancelled. But my account clearly shows it isn't... So WTF? Why can't we have controls to turn this crap off? We are spammed to death to turn it on. With no way but "support" to get it turned off. Calling into support three times, and into chat multiple times. I don't want to be billed for it. If I do, I'm going to put a chargeback on it, and be done with it. I'm not dealing with this support nightmare. I was fooled into accepting this. I won't be fooled getting out of it! It's a waste of ones time dealing with what is assumed to be 'support'.
You are right and I feel the same. It is totally unacceptable for a company to trick customers into signing up for something that will cost them $$$. Then when found out, for them to REFUSE to reverse the signup, because apparently their computer people don't know how. Only thing we have is a promise that we will not be charged after 30 days. Ooma has a poor record on this type of thing, so it would not surprise me at all if the unwanted Premier was charged for.

dwstras164

Post by dwstras164 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm

My "trial" premier period elapsed and I had elected to not upgrade. Someone tried to call and received the message that the number was disconnected. Tried to log into Ooma website and that failed. Through the "chat" room help I was able to have the phone service and login restored. It seems like there must be a software glitch that if you decline an upgrade through the website before the trial period ends that the basic account is deactivated. I don't need all of premier, but I would be willing to pay a couple of bucks for call blocking. Especially if Ooma would show in the logs which calls were blocked.