Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Agent99
Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I received an email from Ooma that said:
We just took Call Blocking to the next level with some more advanced tools.

Block calls based on: •Caller name
•Patterns of names and numbers
•Who is not on your contact list
Configure settings to: •High, Medium, Low or Custom blocking filters
•Filter calls from known and suspected sources of spam
•Send blocked calls to voicemail and play either a "number disconnected message", have the call ring forever, or play a "call blocked" message to the caller
Enroll today and start blocking calls from unknown and unwanted sources with Enhanced Call Blocking.
"more advanced tools" was highlighted as a link - presumably so we could get more info. But no, when I clicked on that I found I was enrolled in a free 30 day trial after which I would have to start paying for Premier service that I did not ask for or want.

I tried the support hot line twice. It at first says I am 18th in queue. This winds down a it saying I will be connected in a minute or so. Never does, It says connection has been lost. Nothing wrong with MY connection.

How do I get the Premier trial REMOVED from my account???

This kind of forced enrollment and support tat does not work, is not good.
Last edited by Agent99 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Agent99

Re: Unwanted Premier

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Finally get through to an agent:
Arvi: Hi Graham!

You: Hi n- this is a simple request - Just remove the Premier Trial from my account. I did not ask for it and I do not want it

Communication with Oracle Service Cloud Chat service has been lost. The chat session has been terminated. Check your network connection and verify that you can connect to other sites on the Internet.
Well, I can connect with any other sites on internet just as I am doing right now.

Ooma is really hopeless. Surely a communications company should have a working chat line?

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Tried again and once again Chat did not work

Tried phoning but because of the 1/2 hr wasted trying to use Chat it seems everyone has gone home! Tried several number - No phone support outside of California business hours??

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:36 pm

When I first activated my Telo, there was a 60-day free trial of Premier. I was given the ability to opt out of Premier through the Account Services section of My Ooma account if I did so before the 60 days were up. Now, I would have to call Customer Care to discontinue the service.

You may want to check your account to see if there is an opt out link.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm

I looked everywhere on My Ooma and never saw any way to opt out.

I tried the Chat line again. Went from 19th to 1st in line, then it disconnected and I got this message:
There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.
Request Email Response
I could not find any way of emailing Ooma before this. But I have now clicked on the above email link and made a request to have the trial removed. I received a reference number.

We are from Canada but presently travelling for next month in USA. Telo is turned OFF. Starting to think I should leave it that way! Pain in the neck to have to deal with this. Totally unnecessary.

THis is what account page says:
Current service level Premier, Free Trial
Base service tier Ooma Basic (Canada)
Trial status Subscription begins in 29 days.
Taxes and fees You are required to pay applicable taxes and fees each month. Click here to look up the payment amount.
So basically it says that they will start charging me for Premier even although I never asked for or wanted the trial. I think this might actually be illegal, at least in Canada.

RichL

Post by RichL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Agent 99
I am also on the Premier 60 day trial so I logged into MyOoma and checked for an opt out.
Go to [Account] -> [Services] -> Service Level -> Trial Status

You should see an opt out link on that line. It's in a light blue font and might be difficult to see on certain monitors.
Rich

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm

I am not on the 60 day trial. All I did was click on a link in an Ooma email (as described above) to find out what the offer was about and all of a sudden I am enrolled in a "free" 30 day trial. [Account] as it appears on my screen is as I posted above and has no option to opt out.

RichL

Post by RichL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 pm

I see your issue now. I think it's time to get Tom B. involved in this one.
Can you edit the title of your topic and append the words " Attention Tom B " ?
Rich

Agent99

Re: Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:05 pm

OK did that. No response to me email request, but maybe that won't happen until tomorrow?

Jans

Post by Jans » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi Agent99!
Did you find out how to remove the Premier service level.
I'm in the same situation, I clicked the link to find out more, just to see the notification that I have been upgraded.
I don't want and I don't need any of the Premier features. And there is no link to remove it anywhere
This is crap, it is really hard to find how to change anything. It is easy to add stuff but not to remove.
Please post if you have resolution. I will try to reach them by phone tomorrow.

Cheers, Jan