Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Agent99
Re: Unwanted Premier - Tom B. can you help?

Post by Agent99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Jan,
I got nothing but frustration in attempting to use the Chat line. Finally they sent me an email link which meant another form to fill in! Sent that in and received a Reference number, but no response. You are right, it IS crap.

Agent99

Re: Unwanted Premier

Post by Agent99 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:31 pm

Agent99 wrote:I looked everywhere on My Ooma and never saw any way to opt out.

I tried the Chat line again. Went from 19th to 1st in line, then it disconnected and I got this message:
There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.
Request Email Response
I could not find any way of emailing Ooma before this. But I have now clicked on the above email link and made a request to have the trial removed. I received a reference number.
No response from OOMA. Tom, are you here? Can you check reference 170228-003091

Any luck getting trial removed Jans?

I tried one more time with Chat :(
Liza: Thank you for using Ooma Chat! This service is intended for simple questions that can be resolved immediately. For more complex questions that require detailed troubleshooting, please contact our service team at 888.711.6662. Thank you.
You: I am waiting for a respose to ref 170228-003091. I want you to remove the Premier trial that I did not ask for and do not want.
You: Are you still there?
No response after 15 min even although connected.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Jans, Agent99 - ordered basic, so your account will revert to basic after the trial ends

RichL

Post by RichL » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Tom B.
If Agent99 had done nothing - would his account have reverted back to basic after the 30 day trial by default? Or was it the result of his contact with support?
Rich

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Turns out this is not really a trial. I'm told the promotion email clearly spells out that upon clicking the link the customer is enrolling in Premier and will get the first month free. So yes would need to contact support to discontinue premier, but as said I took care of it.

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Tom - We did not ask for Premier. We received an email that had a hot link in it that appeared to be a way to find out more about call blocking. But instead of that it added the trial to our account. This was a sneaky way it seems of getting us to try Premier, which we absolutely do not want.

I would like Ooma to remove the trail from my account NOW. I don't trust them at all to not start charging us at the end of 29 days.

This unethical fiasco and the totally disfunctional Chat and customer service makes me wonder why I have stayed with Ooma this long.

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Tom, what you have been told is WRONG. Check out my post above (or better still the actual email, below) We did not click on any link to enroll in Premier.

We clicked on "more advanced tools" in the first sentence. Not on Enroll Today which is at the bottom.

I appreciate you taking care of it Tom. WHEN will Premier trial be removed from our Account?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes, I was just forwarded a copy. Our apologies, "more advanced tools" should not have been a link, only "enroll today". The email will be resent.

After 30 days your account will revert to basic.

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:13 pm

The email just arrived. "more advanced tools" is still blue, but no way am I going to click to see if it is a link.

This is an OOMA mistake. OOMA should correct it NOW. I don't want to get into another fiasco when the account does not automatically revert to basic. At that time I will be travelling and not able to confirm that it was done. Ooma does not have a lot of credibility when it comes to this sort of thing. If you can ADD Premier immediately, then you should be able to remove it immediately too. Please just get it done.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Our backoffice is rule based. An immediate downgrade is not supported. Basic has no time limit. A premier trial does. That explains the difference in behavior in upgrade vs downgrade.

As for chat. The 3rd party we contract with has been troubleshooting the issue.