Ooma blinks blue 4 times and HD2 handset will not register

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
mrfont
Ooma blinks blue 4 times and HD2 handset will not register

Post by mrfont » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Prior to a power outage I just experienced my Ooma was showing solid blue icon and my HD2 handset was registered and working fine. After the power came back my Ooma is blinking blue 4 times and the solid blue for 5 seconds and then blinks blue 4 times again and repeats. Also my HD2 handset said it was not registered. After many attempt to get it to sync with the page button i unregistered the handset from the handset and tried to register the handset again via the page button on my Ooma device. Still the unit blinks the same pattern and I cannot register the HD2 handset. I have also tried the following: Power cycle Ooma device numerous times, Tried pulling the batteries out off the HD2 Handset, Tried Registering the device through the DECT page all to no avail. According to my telo setup page I have firmware version 191303 and the telco still works with a regular wireless handset connected to the telco port. Why is it flashing blue 4 times and then solid and repeating and why can I not register my HD2 handset. Thanks for any help you can provide.

TonyW

Re: Ooma blinks blue 4 times and HD2 handset will not register

Post by TonyW » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Just guessing, but it sounds like the same thing...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20971

dogpack

Post by dogpack » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:57 am

This is strange, I have had the exact same thing happen at exactly the same time. And on both units. Both now flash blue 4 times then stay blue for 5 second. The HD2 say they cannot connect. I unregistered the headset from my second unit, and I cannot re-register it. Anybody have any solutions?

Thanks!

80eddie

Post by 80eddie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 am

Same thing here, although I have no HD2 handsets, just a cordless phone system plugged in. Blinks blue four times, then solid for 5 seconds, then repeats. Everything seems to work, makes and receives calls. I think this started 09/30/2017. No power failures, as I am on a UPS. Have tried power cycle, didn't help. I found some sort of re-set procedure elsewhere on this forum, (hold play and trash until lights are red) but that didn't work on my box. My box is real old, like 4 or 5 years. Star code software request returns #198765

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 am

See the link posted above. If a power cycle doesn't work escalate to T4 support and they can do a warm reset.

80eddie

Post by 80eddie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:57 am

As of noon 10/02/2017, the flower in the center of my Ooma box is no longer blinking. Software version still reports 198756, there must have been a re-boot or re-set during the overnight hours. Thanks, Ooma..

Mhzsparky

Post by Mhzsparky » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 am

I had the same problem with flashing blue light, starting 9/30/2017. Called tech support Oct. 1, they did several resets and a software update and the light went back to normal. Later that day, Ooma called my cell phone and the tech told me that my Telo was bad and I needed to replace it. My Telo is working fine right now, and I see others had the same problem at the same time. I think someone was trying to sell me a Telo that I didn't need.

gilharding

Post by gilharding » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am

call customer service. They will reset your Telo with the correct firmware. 2 minute fix