2 Phones - Same House - Same Time - Same Line

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Flyersfan27
2 Phones - Same House - Same Time - Same Line

Post by Flyersfan27 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 pm

The best way to ask this question is to list the equipment being used, and describe a scenario.

- Upstairs phone is an Ooma HD2 Handset.
- Downstairs phone is a brand name cordless phone the connects to Ooma via an Ooma Linx.

Scenario: A friend calls the house, and my wife answers the phone upstairs. The friend wants to speak to me, but I am downstairs. When my wife calls me, I pick up the downstairs phone, and press the "Answer" button. I receive the Ooma dial tone, and am unable to speak to my friend.

Here is my question. Is there any way that I can can speak to my friend on the downstairs phone? Other than my wife hanging up on him, then me calling him back. It's a nuisance to have to go upstairs for a phone call when a phone is conveniently available.

I'm hoping there is a solution. If not, this is an issue Ooma should be working on to resolve. Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice,

murphy

Re: 2 Phones - Same House - Same Time - Same Line

Post by murphy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:15 am

When you get the dial tone on the downstairs phone, push the flash button to switch to the active call.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx