Call log of callers that leave a message?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
andyinatl
Call log of callers that leave a message?

Post by andyinatl » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 am

I have opted to customize my Call Blocking Preferences to "Block all numbers not in my contacts and Send to Voicemail". I am sending to voicemail as oppose to other options because I may not have a "good" contact in my contacts list, and I want to give them the option to leave a message. Conversely, if a "bad" contact/number calls and leaves a message, I'd like the option to add their number to my blocked numbers list.

The problem I am having is that none of the calls to my Ooma number are being captured in the call log unless they are in my contacts list (even if they call and leave a message). I can understand (I guess) not capturing logs of anyone not leaving a message, but why do that for someone that did leave a message?

-Andrew

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Call log of callers that leave a message?

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 am

andyinatl

Post by andyinatl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:20 am

Thank you for directing me to the previous topic, Tom. I knew I'd seen something previously about calls not being logged if they were blocked, but thought that only applied if there was no message left.

I would like to get some clarity here, so I hope you'll indulge me: When I log into my account at ooma.com, am I in fact logging into my telo? For some reason I was thinking all my settings, vm, etc. were being stored in the Cloud, but obviously I haven't given this much thought until now.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:53 am

ooma.com is on an Ooma server in California.

To connect to your Telo:
Connect a computer to the Telo Home jack using a LAN cable.
The computer must be using DHCP to get its IP address.
If the computer has wireless capability, disable the wireless.
Connect to

http://setup.ooma.com
or
http://172.27.35.1

That will connect you to the web server that is inside of the Telo.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx