'Send to Voicemail' upgrade?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
thbjr
'Send to Voicemail' upgrade?

Post by thbjr » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:02 pm

I have discovered that I mis-undersood how the Send to Voicemail option in the Premier service worked. I had no idea that it terminated my end of the call and sent the other party to VM. I thought it was simply going to record the conversation so that I could play back "...a note or directions to a party" that I didn't "have a pen and paper handy to jot down".
I know, my mistake, but as a suggestion, I would certainly like to see the Send to VM button option changed to Record to VM, without disconnecting the call.
Those of you familiar with Google Voice, it would be similar to Call Record. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LipDc2sFvQY
Any chance of a Call Recorder option?

southsound

Re: 'Send to Voicemail' upgrade?

Post by southsound » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:08 pm

In my mind, something even better is coming soon. According to the ooma blog, we will soon be seeing an exciting integration of ooma with Google Voice. The release of Premier Extensions for Google Voice will offer such things as well as many more cool features from GV. You will want to read the entire blog entry, but here is a teaser:
Dennis Peng wrote:With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you - pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice. Your friends and family will be none the wiser! You’ll still be able to answer calls at home thanks to the Instant Second Line.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.