adding new blocked numbers via call log. Is there a faster way?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
sworrellx
adding new blocked numbers via call log. Is there a faster way?

Post by sworrellx » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:06 pm

My routine every few days is to pull up my call log and then click 'add to blocked list' just about every incoming call that is listed. I have to do this one at a time and it takes 20 seconds for each. Is there a faster way to do this? I am so tired of how slow this process is. If I have a week or so to go thru my call log, it probably takes me at least 15 min to add all the calls to the block list.

It would be nice if there was check box that I could tag/mark the number for each call I wanted to add to the block list. And after I went thru the list then have an option to click once to add all of the checked number to the block list. I guess that has probably been asked before because it makes too much sense.

TonyW

Re: adding new blocked numbers via call log. Is there a faster way?

Post by TonyW » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:42 am

No such feature as you describe, that I'm aware of.

One approach I've been using for a while (since #s frequently change, but common CIDs abound) is:

Block a name... 'Contains...' for each of the following... '800 SERVICE', 'NEW YORK NY', 'CUSTOMER SERVIC', 'CONSMR ADVOCATE', 'UNAVAILABL', 'VOLASSOC', 'COALITION', 'MEDICAL ALARM', 'ILLEGAL SCAM', 'UBCF', ' MRSC, 'PUBLIC UTILITY'', ' UNASSIGNED ', 'WIRELESS CALL', etc..

As common CID strings show up, the list is constantly evolving. Recent examples where they played w/ CIDs:

ASUPFORFIRE
ASUPPORTASSOC
THEFIRESUPPORT
THEFIRE SUP ASS
THEASSOCFIRESUP
FIRE SUP ASSOC

so I filter CIDs containing 'FIRE', 'ASSOC' & 'SUPPORT'... which seems to have quieted those down. I send all blocked calls to VM just in case I block a legit caller in error. YMMV

Peter-DG

Post by Peter-DG » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Preferences > Call blocking > Edit my block list
lets you enter numbers (or names) to block

hartrick

Post by hartrick » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:45 am

You may possibly notice that reasonable suggestions are generally ignored here... I suspect "Ooma" consists of a handful of employees and one brilliant programmer, who ignores things he/she personally thinks are silly. I had an employee once whose standard error message was to wipe the screen out. If you were lucky he'd add "ERROR" to the page. That didn't last long... We're still friends.
Nikola Tesla