Call log stopped

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Stelcom66
Call log stopped

Post by Stelcom66 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:51 pm

My call log stopped logging any activity this afternoon. Phone line functions are fine. I don't recall this happening before.

I rebooted the Telo by logging in and restarting, same. Started a chat session, they recommended calling support. If I have to I will at another time. Searched on the trouble since it sounded vaguely familiar and found my own post from years ago:

viewtopic.php?t=19859

Stelcom66

Re: Call log stopped

Post by Stelcom66 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:47 am

Called customer support. I was told others are having trouble with the website which is being worked on. Don't know if it's related to my trouble. Looked at the log again this afternoon, now I can see the test call I made last night which didn't show last night, but no calls made today.

Seems like right now there's a very long delay before calls appear.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:19 am

Unless there has been a recent change the call log is generated inside of the Telo. It is periodically sent to the server. If the Telo is rebooted before the log is sent, that data is lost.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:46 am

I knew the log was generated in the Telo, (unless like you said something recently changed) I didn't reboot it until after the trouble started.

Now I see a test call I made last night. I'll check again later. Voicemails are there, with the correct time/date stamp.

A few hours after I wrote this I tried again - now I see a test call I made at 9:36pm yesterday.

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:55 am

Call logs are ok now. All calls are displaying and will appear in the log soon after the call has completed.