The block list should not be a pop up

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
whn
The block list should not be a pop up

Post by whn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 am

I want the block list to be a full page screen so I can go in there and edit it, right now it opens as a pop up window and its very annoying to edit numbers. Please make this a full page like before so I can edit numbers much easier!

Telo_BK

Re: The block list should not be a pop up

Post by Telo_BK » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:06 pm

I agree- it's too small, not sorted, easy to miss the entry you are interested in.

ramysr

Post by ramysr » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 am

The block list can be sorted by name or number. After selecting which option you want to sort by then click on the heading and the list will sort. I have some 800+ numbers in my list. You can start at the top of your list and tag all the numbers and then copy into a spread sheet.

Robek

Post by Robek » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Not only is the block list sortable, but it uses a stable sort, preserving the relative order of rows with the same key value, which provides more complex sorting options. For example, in the "Blocked Numbers" list, clicking the "Phone Number", "Caller", and "Category" column headers (in that order), results in a list sorted by category, where rows in the same category are still sorted by caller name, and rows in the same category with the same caller name are still sorted by phone number. By comparison, the non-pop-up "Call Logs" list doesn't do that.

Here are some additional suggestions for the block list:
  • make the pop-up window resizable (or else not a pop-up)
  • make the column widths resizable, (especially the "Comments" column)
  • make the block list exportable; (copy-paste doesn't always preserve white space)
  • make the block list importable; (this allows for external editing)
  • allow leading or trailing space characters in the "Text" field
  • allow commas and other punctuation symbols in the "Text" field
  • allow non-ASCII characters in the "Comments" field
  • allow different actions for individual block list entries
  • don't scroll back to the top of the list after every edit/delete