Google Intergration

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
apodsim
Google Intergration

Post by apodsim » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:59 pm

Having just changed to Ooma I am have some issues with intergation with Google. The provided instruction do not match what is shown when attempting to link to Google or Google Talk.

1. The information on Google Integration https://my.ooma.com/apps/google shows unselectibale items.
2. The information on Google Voice integration will not allow linking a existing GV number and only allows for creation of a NEW GV number.
3. Contacts: The only method to add contacts is from my IOS system phone. There are no options to upload or link my contacts in Google.
4. Porting a existing number seems to be very difficlt and appears to take a long time. My mobile number was selected to port from Verizon to Ooma which I did not request. If it had not been for the notification email I would not have notices this was in progress. Call to Customer Support appears to resolve this issue.
5. Call Blockin i.e. Blacklist: Will calls from these number ring the 1st time before being forwared to VM? This is the same issue I had with my last Voip provider.

Has anyone been able to overcome the issues noted above???

Robek

Re: Google Integration

Post by Robek » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:46 pm

1. The my.ooma page and related support pages (here and here) may contain stale links to add IFTTT features (recipes? applets?) that no longer exist, but the instructions to create new ones could still be useful. Search IFTTT for any current recipes, or use Ooma's IFTTT channel to create new ones.

2. Please explain the problem. Is it with the Google Voice Virtual number ("GVVN") that Ooma provides? That needs to be a (non-primary) personal number. Or is the problem with the Google Voice number ("GVN") that Google provides?

5. Blocked calls do not cause the phone to ring.